Removing Shipping from store

Highlighted
1 0 0

I was making a shopify store for my a local cake business. I was under the impressions that they wanted to be able to ship cakes which is why I chose to go the shopify route. Tonight I talked to the owner and turns out they dont want to ship cakes but deliver them personally. Is there a way to remove the shipping cost/options to reflect this? I tried deleting all the shipping zones but then I was unable to checkout on the store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey there, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

There sure is! It sounds like all you're missing is unchecking a box on the product page that asks if the product 'requires shipping'. So if you head to each product page in the Shopify admin, you will see that listed within the settings. You can also bulk uncheck that by using our Bulk Editor! The steps on how to do that are on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

Once that is unchecked, when people go through the checkout on the store, they will be asked for their billing details (name, address, etc) and their payment information- there won't be any shipping options page!

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Ann, 

Did the configuration change? I cannot find how to remove shipping from my store nor any of my products. 

Thanks,

Aroa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 9 34

Hey Aroa,

The checkbox on the product settings is now labeled This is a physical product and can be found under the Shipping sub-heading:

physical product.png

If all products in the customer cart are non-physical goods, Shopify will bypass the shipping steps during checkout.

Regards,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

If allowed to enter this discussion -

I have UNchecked the "This is a physical product" checkbox on our non-profit site, but when in Test Mode my "test shoppers/donors" are receiving shipping confirmation emails when the orders are marked as Fulfilled.  How do I turn off these shipping confirmation emails when all items in the cart are donations/not physical products?

Thank you!

Brittany

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
119 0 17

Just a quick update.  With the local shipping option, this now seems to work ok.  Just set up shipping, but don't provide any shipping zones, and as long as you have the local pickup enabled, it will allow pick-up only.

Shopify expert, software developer and designer.
0 Likes