Removing Tag from View all product list on Website

SelflessReflect
1 0 0

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to figure out how to remove a product tag that I have showing up in my drop down menu on my live website, although I have completely removed it from all products it was tagged on. Is there any way to complete delete a product tag itself, or edit all tags in general? 

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 39 225

Hi, @SelflessReflect

This is Rae from Shopify. 

To clarify, is this tag showing up on your live site in the 'Filter by' list when viewing your products or collections?

If so, it's possible that this tag is still added to a few of the products in your admin, which is why it keeps showing up in this drop down list. To check if this is the case, just follow these steps to completely delete this tag: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click 'Products'  
  3. Click this button to select all products on the page
  4. If you have more than 50 products, click on the blue text that says 'Select 50+ products in store' 
  5. Click 'More actions > Remove tags' 
  6. In the pop up window, type in your tag or select the tag you want to remove
  7. Click 'Save' 
  8. A box will appear at the bottom of the page to confirm when the tag has been removed from all products

Once you've completed these steps, I recommend clearing your browser cache. Then, go ahead and view your live site again and check to see if that tag still appears in your 'Filter by' drop down list.

In the meantime though, if you'd like a way to view all the tags on your products, or remove certain tags attached to each product, I suggest using our bulk editor. To ensure your product tags appear in this editor, just follow these steps

Keep me posted on how this goes, and if this resolves things on your end!  

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes