Solved

Removing collapsing section - warehouse theme

Ee2016
Tourist
5 0 1

I need to expand the collapsed text on my product descriptions in warehouse theme as customers are missing the 'view more'.

Can anyone help? It seems simple and certainly very useful, but I can't find anything that works. Thanks in advance for your help.

Screenshot_2021-01-24 ~ Carli ~ rib knit fabric in olive.png

Accepted Solution (1)
tim
Shopify Expert
3274 236 1183

This is an accepted solution.

Actually, it did -- check any product under Gowns -- all descriptions are fully expanded.

Now, the code I gave you only applies to product description (as that's what you mentioned), it does not affect the "Info You Need To Know"  cards, etc.

If you want all your expandable elements on product page be expanded, use this CSS code instead of the one I gave you:

.template-product .expandable-content {
    max-height: none;
}
.template-product  .expandable-content__toggle {
    display: none;
}

If my post is helpful, consider liking it -- it will help others with similar problem to find a solution.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@Ee2016 

Sorry for facing this issue, it's my pleasure to help us.

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question. 😊

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Ee2016
Tourist
5 0 1
tim
Shopify Expert
3274 236 1183

@Ee2016 Check your Product page settings under Theme=> Customize.

Under "Content" there is a "Display mode" -- set it to "Show All". 

If my post is helpful, consider liking it -- it will help others with similar problem to find a solution.
Ee2016
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Tim,

I don't seem to have a content section to select show all? I did find in the theme settings yesterday where to set it not minimise the description, but that doesn't remove the 'view more' part, it merely collapses the entire description section or has it like it is, with part of the description hidden.

We are getting emails with people missing product info that is in the description because they're missing the 'view more' button, so I would love to just have it display the entire thing if possible & save the clicking.

Shopify 1.png

tim
Shopify Expert
3274 236 1183

No, it's not in theme settings, but section settings.

Can't tell what version of the theme you have, but for the current one you should click "Product page" button on the left (you should see it since your picture is taken on the product page). Then, for me it looks like this:

Untitled.jpegUntitled 2.jpeg

However, if you can't find this in your theme, problem can still be fixed with CSS -- put this to the very end of your theme.scss.liquid asset

.product-block-list__item--description .expandable-content {
}

.product-block-list__item--description .expandable-content__toggle {
}

Ee2016
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you for the suggestions.

I don't have that option in the content section, I'm not sure how to tell what version of warehouse it is. We acquired this shopify as part of a business purchase, and while I've customised a lot, the basis of it is still whatever was originally set up by the previous owner.

Shopify 2.png

I added the code to the theme.scss.liquid asset but it hasn't made any difference to the website displaying.

Shopify 3.png

tim
Shopify Expert
3274 236 1183

This is an accepted solution.

Actually, it did -- check any product under Gowns -- all descriptions are fully expanded.

Now, the code I gave you only applies to product description (as that's what you mentioned), it does not affect the "Info You Need To Know"  cards, etc.

If you want all your expandable elements on product page be expanded, use this CSS code instead of the one I gave you:

.template-product .expandable-content {
}
.template-product  .expandable-content__toggle {
}

Ee2016
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you so much! I was looking at the Info.... card & it wasn't expanded 🙂 Thank you again.