Removing myshopify.com from URL on Facebook

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello!

I am planning on running a facebook promotion to direct traffic to my site. When i create the facebook promotion it gives me an advert preview but instead of showing www.nidorfinefragrance.com its coming up nidor-fine-fragrance.myshopify.com.

I have already diverted all traffic from my own domain to the shopify one and within shopify i have www.nidorfinefragrance.com set up as my primary domain.

So why does the shopify one keep appearing.

Thanks

J

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
208 0 25

Hi, Jordan!

I’m Melissa, a Shopify Guru. Thanks for reaching out!  When you choose the domain you wish to make our primary domain you need to also direct all traffic to it. In the admin to make sure this is fully set up is to check in Online Store > Domains and make sure the section for 'Redirect all traffic to this domain' is ticked, You can see it here. If not it will pick the default .myshopify.com URL when promoting on Facebook. 

Please allow about 24 hours for this to propagate and then try creating the FB promotion again. If that is still not successful, please let me know and I will take this to email so I can take a deeper look into this matter for you. As looking into this issue requires us to check out your account specifically, and email would be best so we support you on this privately.

Hope this information helps! You can reach out to the Guru team https://help.shopify.com/questions if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Melissa | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Melissa

I have a similar question. I have redirected all traffic from my other domains to my www. domain but when I click on a product in my facebook's shop page, it still shows my myshopify domain briefly before being redirected to the primary domain. Is there a way to avoid this as my brand name and my myshopify store name are different?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I have the same issue and I have all my domains redirected.  Help would be much appreciated. 

0 Likes