Removing tags from view all tags list

1 0 0

Hi Peter, im having the same problem, are you able to send me the email aswell please?enquiries@ignitionformen.com.au

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 145

Hey, @ignitionformen!

Can you confirm you've completed the steps found on page one of this forum post?

To permanently remove a tag from your admin, you'll need to ensure that the tag is removed from any product that it's currently applied to. Below are the steps on how to achieve this!

1. Open up your products within the admin.
  2. Click on the small white box to select your products. Note: If you have more than 50+ products, then you'll want to select (Select all 50+ products) that will appear to the right after you select the white box.
  3. Select "Actions."
  4. Click on "Remove Tags."

Once you've processed these steps, you'll be greeted by a white container that has a text box where you can enter the tags you wish to remove. Simply insert the tags here, select "Apply Changes" and that should remove the tags from the filter list found on your website!

If you have, and the tags are still appearing, let me know! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 0

Hi Peter, I am experiencing the same issue. Can you please refresh the front end cache of my store. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 0 1

Hi

@Peter 

I am having the same issues. I have cleared the unwanted tags from all the products but they are still showing on my website. Please help

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 145

@HappyJays & @trevorSW 

I've sent both of you an email. I will need you to reply back to that email with the requested information to have this looked into. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 1

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for your reply but I figured out the issue and it's all working fine. I noticed that when you select the 50+ products (cos i have more than 50 products) and applied to remove tags, it  was only removing tags for products on the page displayed for some weird reason. So, i had to go removing page by page. For those still having the issue, follow peter's instructions and if you're still having the issue, you might have to do it page by page.  My website is https://www.happyjaysupplies.com/ if you want to have a look. 

Thanks

1 Like
2 0 0

@Peter I did not receive an email. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Peter, could you send me the email as well? 

0 Likes
Tourist
7 2 0

Hi Peter

I've removed the tag per your instructions, cleared my browser's cache, tried different browsers but the tag is still visible. Can you assist?

Thanks

0 Likes
Tourist
7 2 0

I just checked again and it no longer appears on the shop. Just took a while to refresh

All good

0 Likes