Removing tags from view all tags list

2 0 0

HI Peter,

Many thanks for picking up on this, much appreciated.

The operator Mark B. at Shopify escalated this problem today and has advised i will get a response within 72 hours.

I think the frustrating thing is, for all of the users, is this issue has been ongoing for at least 1 year and there doesn't seem to be a proper "Shopify/user end fix". It really isn't practical to need to contact Shopify each time a change is required.

I am still on the trial version and , in truth, am unsure if the site is going to be stable if i decided to commit to a £ plan.

Having worked with content management sites for many years, deleting or adding something should take almost immediate effect on the live site.

I am keen to stick with Shofify, but this needs to get fixed to allow us all to focus on our businesses and not a site with glitches we have no control over.

Happy to work with you all on this

Regards

HJ

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello, 

I followed these directions and found that - although it was very helpful to learn how to remove multiple tags from multiple items at one time - when I go to make a new product, that entire list of tags are still showing up. Is there a way to permanently remove them from the "View all tags" list when you go to make a new product?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi Peter! I'm having the same issue.

1 Like
1 0 0

Hi Peter, I would like to request to flush the front end cache as well. My shop is - www.thepetscouture.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
807 45 125

@hurricane-jacks 

I understand the concern, and while this isn't an issue that would typically require you to reach out to Shopify Support as it should clear on its own, there are times the tags run into a bit of a hiccup. If that happens, our teams are able to help diagnose the issue to ensure it's fixed up. I'm unable to discuss your ticket in a public forum as per our security protocols; however, I do hope that Mark will be able to provide a solution in a timely manner. 

@archeoadmin 

Are you referring to the frequently used list that appears when trying to add new tags? If yes, I'm afraid this menu can't be removed or disabled as it's intended to make workflow more efficient by removing the need to retype tags you've already used. 

@ericrose234 @Zayar 

I've shipped the two of you an email. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3
All is good. I used an app to delete it.
1 Like
1 0 1

Hi!

I am having the same issues when opening my catalog and finding the "shop by" list of tags in a side bar that I do not want displayed anymore. I have already removed all tags within the individual product listings and cleared my internet cache, but they are still there. How do I get rid of these?Shopify_Capture.PNG

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 3
Download "Power Tools - Bulk Edit Tags" on the Shopify App Store, it's a
green lightning icon. Delete it from there, give it a few hours and it'll
be gone.

Regards,

Eric

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
807 45 125

@atlas 

I've shipped you an email so I can review this further. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes