Removing tags from view all tags list

Tourist
6 0 2
Hi there, despite posting on Shopify forums, emailing the help desk direct, numerous live chats and promises this will be fixed..almost a year on people are still complaining about this. I still have the same problem.
Can Shopify PLEASE get this fixed NOW so we can get our focus back onto building our business.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

@StellarSpire 

Thank you for running through all those steps. I've shipped you an email so I can review your store further. 

Chat soon!

@hurricane-jacks 

I can appreciate that this is a frustrating situation, and while I wish I were able to resolve this immediately, I'm afraid this issue isn't something that can be fixed here and now. I can't speak about the contents of your ticket here in a public forum outside of letting you know that Michael has taken the appropriate steps to push for a solution. As soon as he has an update, you will be the first to know via email on the ticket you have with him. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2
Thank you Peter, however I am unsure how long this should actually take to resolve. My understanding is it’s been going on for c. 9-12 months.

Is someone actually taking this seriously?

Regards
2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

@hurricane-jacks 

Each case is unique. The thread has been ongoing for some time; however, in most cases, flushing the front end cache does remove the tags that are appearing. I've not come across a case like yours, so I suspect it is a rare occurrence. Nevertheless, our teams are looking into the reason behind why our regular troubleshooting steps aren't working, and what steps we can take to get this resolved for you. 

0 Likes
2 0 2

Same issue here, I had to disable the list.

1 Like
1 0 1

Came here searching on google because got the same issue on my store and I have to say that its pretty disappointing, more than a year and its not close to be fixed.

And its a simple thing like manage product tags.

You have to ask support to delete tags your store don't even use anymore? Come on, its ridiculous!

1 Like
1 0 0

I had the same issue I tried your steps but still see long list of tags. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 47 148

@srivju @GeorgeK @Kono 

I've shipped the three of you an email!

0 Likes
2 0 2

Hi @Peter ,

My TAG issue has been resolved (2-3 days after posting here) without me doing something.

Thanks

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 2

Double check its not happening again. Shopify may have cleared the cache for you at their end. But this only worked for me for a day!

0 Likes