Repeat customer in Hong Kong - concern about product copying

Jotennis73
2 0 1

Hello,

We are a fairly new Shopify retailer that produces a sports bag for ladies.  We received an order from a male customer in HK and now have received two further orders for the same item.

The first payment processed on PayPal and we did reach out by email to verify the customer and got a very short response requesting we ship ASAP.  Just wondering if anyone else had similar experience?  We have concerns that the product may be being purchased to copy. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
134 17 10

Hello @Jotennis73

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you have some concerns with a customer so I wanted to see how I can help you out.

One thing to note is that going ahead with any order is entirely up to you. If you are not comfortable fulfilling this order after the response that you received from them, you can look at how to cancel and order following these steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.

2. Click the order that you want to cancel.

3. Click More actions > Cancel order.

4. If payment was captured, then then details about the refund are displayed.

5. Select the reason for cancellation from the drop-down menu.

6. If you don't want to notify your customer of the cancellation, then uncheck Send a notification to the customer.

7. Click Cancel order.

In the case that you do wish to go ahead with the order, I also wanted to let you know that you have options if you suspect that somebody has been using content that you are the rightful owner of without permission. You can fill in a DMCA takedown request here, and you can also file an Acceptable Use Policy violation here.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all and I will be happy to help you out.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Nitsa
Explorer
53 0 21

You can't hold on to a product for fear it would be copied. I know a lot about the knock-off market and it's 99.9% brand orientated.

Someone from HK being abrupt with you? 100% normal behaviour:-)  

0 Likes
Jotennis73
2 0 1

Thank you Nitsa!!   We are new to this and really appreciate your experienced take on this!! And LOL about the HK attitude!!  Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!