Report of all orders with free shipping

Tourist
6 0 2

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.  My accountant needs a report of all the orders where I gave free shipping.

Is this kind of report available in the 'base' Shopify or do I need to upgrade, or go to a 3rd party app?  

If a 3rd party app is needed, I need suggestions for the which apps provide this level of reporting.

Thank you

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 21 8

Hello, @dan_cashmer.

Elias here with Shopify Support. This is a great question.

This type of report is only available natively for free shipping acquired through a discount code, you can generate a Common sales report for those. For orders that have free shipping with rates from your shipping settings,  there are a few options you can try out. One method is to export your orders and sort them through a spreadsheet (eg. Google Sheets or Excel). This way you can delete the orders that have paid shipping and provide your accountant with a shorter list. 

The second method is through the Finance summary that is available with Shopify Basic. The finance summary allows you to sort the shipping column, which will provide a report that you can export for your accountant. You’ll also want to delete the orders that have paid shipping if necessary. On the Shopify plan or higher, you have Detailed sales reports and it does the same thing with columns so it’s not necessary to upgrade your plan for this.

The third method is through the use of a third-party reporting app, which will allow you to pull a variety of reports. I’ve handpicked a couple for you to try out and they all offer a free trial so you do not need to upgrade your plan. You’ll want to see which one works best for you.

If you require assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page.

Let me know if these options help! If you have any further questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2
Thank you, very helpful!
1 Like