What is the process for bug reporting on Shopify?

powerofstars
Tourist
4 0 1

<rant frustration=100>

So, here on forums I found a suggestion that in order to file a bug report I needed to contact the customer support through the dedicated link. So I did. I did provide the bug description, steps to replicate, screenshots, all the stuff. And I got a (canned, I guess) response on how similar problems can be solved. I replied stating that none of that worked and there was a bug, to which I got another response explaining how it should work ("works for me" kind). I know it should work, but it doesn't, it's a bug...

So, how can I report a bug?

</rant>

Replies 5 (5)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hey, @powerofstars.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

We appreciate you taking the time to connect with us and share your experience. It is correct that the best way to report bugs or frustrations is by connecting with our Support team directly. This ensures your feedback is not only heard, but also that the proper troubleshooting steps take place to further narrow down the issue and help resolve it.

With that being said, it is common practice for our team to attempt to replicate your issue in an effort to rule out local errors you may be experiencing. In order for us to identify and classify anything as a bug, the issue must be widespread and duplicatable.

I'd be more than happy to assist further and advise on next steps, if you're able to share further details with me on what you have found. If we are able to deem this a bug and if other merchants are experiencing this, we can certainly move this forward internally.

I look forward to connecting,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

powerofstars
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @Olivia 

Eventually, my submission has been accepted as a bug 🙂 Apparently I wasn't the only one having this issue. Thank you for your advice.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @powerofstars!

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that. Thank you for working with us to help make Shopify better, it's truly appreciated.

If any other questions come up, don't hesitate to reconnect with us.

Warm regards,

fortoula
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Olivia,

The link provided in 2021 for where to submit a bug report, just brings me to the main Shopify Help Centre.

<rant frustration=100 + 1>
It is frustrating that finding the link to send a bug report is a quest, a journey, that takes you in circles.  On the Shopify Help Centre, there should be 2 large buttons right at the top, one for Bugs and One for Feature requests, so we can click those buttons, nice and easy and submit important issues.
</rant>

Can we get an updated link to submit bug reports, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Thanks for reaching out, @fortoula.

It looks like the link I provided in 2021 is for our Support team - which is effectively our Help Center today so that is accurate. Please do review my original response in regards to how these issues are identified and logged internally. 

In addition to what I've shared above there is also a Bug Bounty program on HackerOne for Shopify that you may be interested in. This allows developers the chance to earn monetary gains for helping identify bugs and also submits the report right away.

Warm regards,