Reporting fraudulent websites

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 1 2
I came across a website today that had products with prices way to good to be true. For example there has a very small excavator/backhoe that was gasoline powered by a Honda engine for an incredible low price of only $129 and free shipping.

My first thought was oh I got to get me one of those!! But that little voice in my head kept telling me that old saying “If it’s too good to be true it, probably is”!

So I did a little research I could see the brand name in the pictures and the model number, I went to Google and looked it up and used those things go between $5000 and $9000!

I decided to research a few more of the really cool looking items they had such as a three wheeled electric trike, a fold up power chair to name a few, again a listed at ridiculous price around $130.

In the case of the trike it hasn’t even been released yet it’s still in Proto types stages call the Sway!

And I know firsthand from trying to look previously those fold up our power chairs go for about $2500 on Amazon, not the incredibly low price of $115!

If you come across something like this, help all store members that are legitimate and buyers. Make sure to report these websites to the Spotify support team!

I started a chat with them and was connected to a very nice person Clemens K, he took all my information and escalated it to their fraud team.

I know Spotify has fraud software tools, but sometimes thanks it takes a human eye to see and investigate suspect fraudulent websites and listings, so take the time to due a little research, report it and I’ll keep everybody safe from these criminals!
Highlighted
Pathfinder
102 8 22

Well said, Except the part about "spotify support" ;)

But I have to say this is one of the Best written posts I have seen on the fraud store on the forums.

Well said, and you are correct about letting Shopify know.  Computers really can only do so much.  Much props mate.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks. The Shopify support team reacted quickly and within about an hour the website had been removed.
Good support guys, thanks, James
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

How do I find out if https://bestlego.club is a legitimate seller?

I see support@giftsmeme.com and rd5mcuanafbw@gmail.com listed as email addresses for support orders.  

Need a way to validate to see if this is a legitimate company or not.  Also how do  you cancel an order if it is not?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 1 2
Here is some suggestions and things I discovered spending 5 minutes on your question. There are several RED FLAGS going off with this company. See my RED FLAGS findings directly related to your question.
My Recommendation: Stay Away!!!

1) Always look at their “contact us”, information and methods.
Be very suspicious of companies that use gmail as their only way to contact them, no chat, no phone number etc.
RED FLAGS: When I click on Contact us, all I see is reference to their FAQ’s (which I can’t find) and no actual contact information.
Yet when I click on the menu in the upper left corner I see an email address, but really who uses “giftsmeme”, LOL?
2) Look for multiple names.
RED FLAGS: The website is called BESTLEGO yet they refer to “ ZozystoreTeam” in the Contact Us and About US pages.
3) Try to email them and seen if you get a response. Some of ones I have emailed before have come back as account disabled or I never get a response.
RED FLAGS: I emailed the one I mentioned above and I got “ The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try again”
4) Look for ridiculous pricing.
Most of the discounts they mentioned seem very believable.
RED FLAGS: One that stood out because it was a very popular item MILLENNIUM FALCON STAR WARS, but $750 on sale for $95??
Give me a break, to good to be true.
5) Perform a google search on the website name and see what comes up?
RED FLAGS: I used their name including the dot com in quotation marks and asked the question, Is “name” legitimate and got:
WIPO Domain Name Cases Terminated (WIPO Cases seems to be were people report issues and cases are resolved and this one shows terminated.
I also found a site “justdropped” that is a site which reports expired and deleted domain sites and “bestlego” is one of them.

Best suggestion (I had to learn the hard way), is to do some research both within the website you are doing business with and some searches on google or your favorite search engine before ever attempting to purchase anything from the them.

Hope this helps,
James
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks that was super helpful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 1 2
You are welcome. I don’t like to see others go through what I’m going through. I keep thinking, are more and more people becoming thieves and losing their honor?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0
How do we get shopifys attention to shut them down and investigate and
return people's 💰?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 1 2
Reporting websites to the Spotify support team, (how I did it)!
Unfortunately like so many companies today getting help isn’t easy.
They either bury it under links that just take you in circles, point to their FAQ’s, or send you to the community forums where fellow customers are the help. Shopify is the same way.
Here is how I did it:

Perform the following:
At the bottom right of this page in the Blue area click on “Shopify Contact”.
Next under “Got a question about using Shopify?”, don’t click on any links they will just take you in circles!!

Instead in the “Tell us what you need box”, enter the word “Contact”, then click return.

Under “Comtact Us” in the Blue Box, click on “Get help from the Shopify Support Team”.

I liked to do is first prepare a file containing all the information that you want to report such as URL, Store Name, Items, Cost, Problem, etc.

Then use chat and simply copy the contents of your file and paste them into the chat box!

You can call one of their phone numbers by clicking Call. However I think this method is slower and harder because now you have to say it over the phone, spell at information and take a chance that the representative your giving the information to gets it wrong or has a heavy accent!
To call there phone numbers are:

North America: 1-855-816-3857
United Kingdom: 0800-808-5233
Australia: 03-8400-4750
Ireland: +353 1800 851 000
New Zealand: 07-788-6026
Singapore: +658008526699
Hong Kong: +852800931270
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I am receiving phone calls from customers who are trying to contact the seller at www.salebest.vip. This site is using my home address and phone number. I suspect it is a scam site and needs to be taken down. Spotify live-chat wasnt much help. They told us to send them an email and they would look into it. Please advise
0 Likes