Reports for certain collections/products

1 0 0

Hi there, 

We have a shop selling wines and event tickets. We would like to know more about our wine customers (age, location, male or female, mobile or desktop device etc) - how can we create reports that show ONLY the wines? They are in their own categories: still wines, sparkling wines and vermouth. 

- We are on the basic Shopify plan and would like to be certain we can get wine specific reports if we upgrade?

- We also use Google Analytics - is it possible to get these reports better on there? 

Feel free to have a look at our shop to see the structure: https://shop.knightor.com/

Any help much appreciated, thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 52 115

Hey there, Julia!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

That is a really interesting question and I can totally see why you would want to be able to report on specific collections, it could help you find a demographic for certain products and then target ads to that demographic more effectively. I took a look into this and found that while the Shopify plan does not have a specific report for collections, you can filter the "Sales by Product" report by "Product Type". If you are using the product type functionality to split up your wines into different categories this will work perfectly for you.

Alternatively, I was able to find an app called Better Reports that has a sales by collection report feature. This app costs $19.90 per month and comes with a 14-day free trial.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes