Request for Shopify Name Server

Highlighted
1 0 0

Dear GURU,

Anyone know the shopify name server, so I can link my domain name to my new site. Does anyone know what it is?

Thank you very much for your help, I am desperately need it now. I have submiited a ticket to shopify but there is no any reply from them at all. 

Regards,

Benz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
20 0 1

Hi Benz, 

Sam here with the Shopify Guru Team.  Thanks for reaching out! 

You wouldn't need the Shopify name server - you just need to redirect your domain instead of transfering it. 

If you are looking to point a domain you already own you need to complete the following:

- Your root domain (without the www) should have an A Record pointing to 23.227.38.32

- Your "www" subdomain should point using CNAME to your myshopify: tomjerry-model-store.myshopify.com

We do have more detailed instructions here: http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/domains/outside-provider

Hope this helps! We are available 24/7 via phone and chat too if you need more clarity.  

Cheers! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Dear Samantha Tessier,

I have contact my 3rd party domain name provider, they couldn't do it and sent me the link for my own set up at DNS-DIY

I have attached images in this thread, could you tell me, what's the mistake?

Thank you very much

Benz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
20 0 1

Hi Benz 

Sam again :) I have followed up with you via email regarding this.  

Please look for an email shortly. 

:) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I'm experiencing this same issue and attempted to connect my domain using the instructions provided and am unable to do so as my DNS settings won't allow a custom A record & Cname to be entered together I can only enter 1 of these settings. So my domain is pointing to a forbidden message currently. Might I suggest Name servers to shopify as this platform has alot of the features I need but I can't connect my domain and prefer to not transfer my domain I already paid for.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same here, I need Shopify name server to connect my domain, anibody found out which are the Shopify Name Servers. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello

same here .. my domain registrar requires a name server only , No ip addresses or CName .. How i can join both in one name server 

1 Like