Requesting Custom fields on customer sign up

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi All - New to this.

We are looking to have customers 'Sign Up' on our Shopify website - however we require custom fields on the sign up (Registration Portal).

If seen Metafields & Custom Fields as possible options but feel this isn't for Sign Ups in the initial phase?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
33 4 11

Hey there @TaylaSport!

Shopify's concept of "metafields" is the best and most appropriate way to handle custom fields/data in Shopify. In your case we're talking about customer metafields, and you can certainly use customer metafields during sign up (aka registration). That being said, in order to create or update metafield data you will need to use Shopify's Admin API, or you can use an app that is designed for this specific purpose.

Based on what you have described it sounds like our Customer Fields app would be a great fit for your needs. In Customer Fields you can easily create a customized registration form with custom fields that are required. All of the data collected for the custom fields is automatically saved into Shopify's customer metafields, and with some simple Liquid code you get this custom data to show up directly on the storefront once the customer is logged in. Here's a link to the app listing just in case you'd like to give it a try: https://apps.shopify.com/customr

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like some assistance getting the app set up on your store

Kyle W | Customer Success @ Helium Dev, LLC
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Helium builds user friendly apps with top-rated US-based support
Customer Fields App
Meteor Mega Menus App
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

@Kyle_WIs it possible to add Google Auto-complete to your app's address fields? I really need this feature because in Korea, Google auto-compelte is not activated by Shopify at check-out and this makes local delivery nearly impossible (because the address needs to be entered EXACTLY as Google would have it entered at checkout, which is impossible to guess). With Auto-complete at sign up, customer can then choose their default address at checkout, which would solve my issue.

If not available with your app, would you have any suggestion on how I could proceed to get a sign up form with address fields and Google auto-complete?

Thank you very much

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
33 4 11

Hey @aantoine!

Our Customer Fields app is not directly integrated with Google autocomplete (at least not at the moment), but you should be able to accomplish your goal by building a custom form. Our app is very developer friendly, and you are welcome to create your own form markup that hooks into our app, while also integrating with Google's Maps Javascript API to populate the address fields automatically based on a user's input. I've provided a link below to our developer documentation which includes more details and some guides for specific use-cases:

If you decide to go this route I'd be interested in seeing the end results! Real-world examples are always appreciated, and they are helpful so we can determine what specific features to develop into future versions of the app. 

I wish you the best of luck!

Kyle W | Customer Success @ Helium Dev, LLC
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Helium builds user friendly apps with top-rated US-based support
Customer Fields App
Meteor Mega Menus App
0 Likes