Requesting Refund for Monthly Subscription

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I opened up my bank account only to be shocked by a payment from Shopify for the monthly subscription. I completely forgot that i had a trial store with a selected plan that i did not close. I did not want to continue with the store i forgot to close it. How do i get a refund as i want to close the store and did not have the money to pay for this.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
793 79 137

Hey, @EarHigh!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

As this is account specific, I will have to verify your account to take a closer look and see how I can help. In order to do so, I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I can take a closer look. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hey, im a student, i need the money back. i was just messing around with shopify, and today i got billed, i was going to cancel the subscription but it was too late, please help me out, i would like a refund, and i have already closed the store. 😊 thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
793 79 137

Hey, @Eddie406!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

No problem, I can have a look and see if you are eligible for a refund. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I can take a closer look.

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I have responded, but i havent got a response yet?
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hello,
I am in the same situation, I was billed today for my shop because I forgot to unsubscribe from Shopify. I have closed my store, could I please be granted a refund as I cannot afford the bill and do not need a store at this time! Please help. Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
793 79 137

Hi, @Pollip123.

This is certainly something I can double-check for you once I verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a look.

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, Shopify team. So I created a store 2 months ago and I meant to close the store at the end of this month's billing period. I was going to cancel this store on the same day of the billing cycle at night time but it had charged me at 2 am. but I woke up this morning and closed the store . I did not mean for this to happen. how can I get a refund because I am basically not using the store anymore and really need the money right now as I'm a student in college.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
793 79 137

Hi, @Euphorictech.

Thank you for joining the thread. I can take a look at your account for you and see if I can help at all. In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I can have a look.

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

I also accidently forgot to cancel my subscription. I was just seeing if Shopify is something that I'd like to use, but I forgot to cancel the subscription. Is there any way I can get a refund on the recent charge? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes