Requesting Refund for Monthly Subscription

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hi, @galexc.

Welcome to the thread. I am sorry to hear you forgot to cancel your store and you were charged. As per our terms of service section 14.9, Shopify does not provide refunds. However, I will take a look and see if there is anything I can do. In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder as sometimes the email can land there.

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am in the same situation. I'd like to close my shop but Shopify took out money today. I'd like a refund and to close the shop please

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hi, @Bankee4.

Welcome to the thread. No problem at all, I can take a look for you. Have you cancelled the store? 

Hey, Julio! Thanks for reaching out. Can I ask why you are deciding to close your store? Due to security reasons, I’m not able to actually cancel your shop for you, but here’s how to close up your Shopify Shop in just a few clicks.

To cancel your store, log into your admin and follow these steps:
* Click on "Settings", then "Plans and permissions" or "Account"
* Scroll to the bottom and click "Close my store".
There is a guide in our help centre with steps you can follow here too.

In order to see if you are eligible for a refund, I will just need to verify your account first. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you. Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder for this email as sometimes it lands there.

Speak soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! I recently cancelled my store but I was still charged for my shopify account. Could I get a refund on the last charge, as I have not used the store since renewal of the subscription, and meant to cancel but the timing was off.

Thanks!

Wasif

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi 

I completely forgot I signed up for the free trial to look at your services, until I was billed today. I would appreciate a refund for the fee since it's a service I'm not using and just can't afford at this time.

Is there anything I can do? I already figured out how to close the store.

Thank you for your time.

Jess

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I has the same problem.  I would appreciate a refund for the fee since it's a service I'm not using and just can't afford at this time. I can't just lose that money knowing I'm a student and I really need the money. I already close my account. 

Hope anyone can help me in this problem

Thank you

ShuKie

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! I changed my Basic Plan to Advanced this July 24, 2020. I was planning to downgrade it again before the 30 days cycle but I was billed this August 21, 2020 for another Advanced Plan. How come? Hope I could get a refund since the 30 days period is still not over. Hoping for your kind assistance on this issue. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hi, @shukie@jgood738 and @wasif1771.

Welcome to the thread. As per our terms of service, section 14.9, Shopify does not provide refunds. It would be up to each store owner to ensure their store is cancelled before the next billing period. I do understand that it is easy to forget so I will take a look at your store and see if there is anything I can do.

In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send an email to the email address attached to your forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a closer look for you all.

Speak soon! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hi, @admin_aip.

Thank you for joining the thread. I am sorry to hear that you were billed unexpectedly but it would not be possible to issue a refund as your store is not cancelled. When you downgrade your plan, we automatically issue you with a subscription credit for the prorated difference between the two plans. Here's an example to make it clearer:

Merchant was charged $299 for the Advanced Plan 10 days ago and they decide to move back to the Basic Plan. They have used 10 days of the Advanced Plan which roughly equates to $99.67 and they will be using 20 days of the Basic Plan which is roughly $19.33, so $299 - $99.67 - $19.33 = $180.

Have you already changed your plan? If not, please do so as soon as possible and do not wait until near the next billing period. You can do this by clicking "settings" on your Shopify admin and then "plans and permissions". In that page you can click "compare plans" in blue:

20-03-oqiuz-9hioi

On the next page, you can select the basic plan and confirm the changes and then the credit will be automatically issued and will cover part or all of next months invoice for you. I hope that helps but let me know if you need any further clarification or if you have any other questions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Please help me!

I am furious to see that even though I requested to cancel my account the very first month (prior to receiving a bill) I was charged. In fact, I’ve been charged subscription fees for 7 months now and I need this issue resolved please! Thank you. 

0 Likes