Requesting Refund for Monthly Subscription

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hi, @ShopBurma.

Thank you for joining the thread. I can certainly take a closer look at this for you. Can you ensure your store has now been cancelled correctly? 

To cancel your store, log into your admin and follow these steps:
* Click on "Settings", then "Plans and permissions" or "Account"
* Scroll to the bottom and click "Close my store".
There is a guide in our help centre with steps you can follow here too.

Once this has been done, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a look for you.

Speak soon!

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Team,

I have signed up for Shopify 90 day trial to just explore and I haven't received any reminder about the expiry of the trial period. I was charged USD 90 today. Guys, please understand that, I haven't used any features neither did i use the account much, you can check my logged in history if that's possible. Due to COVID, our family income has been affected badly and amidst this, an unexpected charge for doing nothing is very disheartening. Please do the needful.

Thanks in advance,

Reshma

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hi, Reshma.

Welcome to the thread! I am sorry to hear that you have been charged unexpectedly. Just to clarify, even if you do not use your store, if it is not cancelled and it is active on our platform then it will be automatically included in our monthly billing schedule once your trial ends. As per our terms of service section 14.9, Shopify does not provide refunds. However, I understand this is a hard time for everyone so I can take a look at your login history and if your store is cancelled. In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a look for you.

Speak soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey, I have the same problem, can you email me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey, I am a student and was just testing out shopify, but forgot to cancel the subscription, I already cancelled the store, please help me get a refund, I really need this money, thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hi, @Francisco44.

Welcome to the thread. I can certainly have a look for you and see if you were logged in for the time you were charged for. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a look for you.

Chat soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi I have the same problem! I got nearly $500 AUD taken out of my account 3 days ago when I’m fairly sure I changed the subscription plan before attempting to close the store. I haven’t used my store in months and never planned on continuing it! Please help me as I really can’t afford this and completely forgot it existed in the first place. Thank you so much! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hi, @Tinaxo.

Thank you for joining the thread. I totally understand where you are coming from and I would love to help you out further. I will take a look at your account and the dates and logins and we can go from there. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a closer look for you.

Speak soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Lulu!
Thank you so much for your response. I spoke to someone on the Shopify live
chat last night and they said they’d help me put in a refund request
advising me to close to store before doing so. If it’s ok could you check
if the request has gone through? I really appreciate your quick response
though; if I need any further help or do not receive the awaited e-mail in
regards to my request I’ll re-message you!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hi, @Tinaxo.

Thank you for getting back to me. I can certainly check it out for you, I will just need you to respond to the email that I sent you yesterday to authenticate your account and then I will take a look for you and double-check the refund has been processed. 

Kind regards, 

0 Likes