Requesting Refund for Monthly Subscription

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 169

Hey, @Heartbeats!

Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

Due to security reasons, we cannot close your store on your behalf, it is up to each store owner to ensure their store is cancelled to stop getting billed. Have you cancelled your store? If not, here’s how to close up your Shopify Shop in just a few clicks:

• Log into your Shopify admin and click on "Settings", then "Plans and permissions" or "Account"
  • Scroll to the bottom and click "Close my store".
  • There is also a guide in our help centre with steps you can follow here too.

I can have a look into your ticket history and have a look at your cancellation request and see if the cancellation procedure was explained to you. In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a closer look for you. 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Lulu,

Thanks for replying. I am emailing you from my account. Here is my account URL that you requested for: https://chantelsstore.myshopify.com

I was charged again for the 7th time this morning and I took a screenshot of all the months that I was charged for reference.

My next question is, once I cancel my account, will I be get this issue resolved?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 169

Hi, @Heartbeats.

Thank you for getting back to me. I will need you to email back directly to the email I sent you to confirm your URL from the account owner email address on file. As it is each store owners responsibility to close their own store then I will most likely not be able to refund 7 months worth of invoices but I will ensure your store is correctly cancelled moving forward and can perhaps refund your most recent invoice. 

I will take a look as soon as I receive the email reply from you. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I was deciding on whether or not I wanted to set up an account and changed my mind before the free trial ended. I thought I closed the account during the free trial, however, that was not the case. I was unable to login into the account so my assumption was that the account was closed. I am really frustrated with this case because I had no idea that I was being charged monthly. I never used the account and did not complete setting up an official online store. Please, is there anything you can do about me receiving my full refund amount because I am in complete shock right now. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
I was deciding on whether or not I wanted to set up an account and changed
my mind before the free trial ended. I thought I closed the account during
the free trial, however, that was not the case. I was unable to login into
the account so my assumption was that the account was closed. I am really
frustrated with this case because I had no idea that I was being charged
monthly. I never used the account and did not complete setting up an
official online store. Please, is there anything you can do about me
receiving my full refund amount because I am in complete shock right now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 169

@Heartbeats, thank you for responding but I am yet to receive a reply to my email to verify your store. Once you reply to my email, I can have a look at your store and login history and ensure the store has been closed successfully. Only then can I consult with our financial team with your refund request but please note it is noted in our Terms of service, section 14.9 that Shopify does not provide refunds. 

Please let me know once you have responded to my email so I can fully authenticate you as the store owner. Speak soon! 

0 Likes