Requesting a refund for the shopify monthly subscription

Highlighted
1 0 0

I made a Shopify store 2 and was surprised to see a bill for the monthly subscription. I had no idea that I had a trial store and I have to cancel the membership. I was just trying Shopify out and wanted to discontinue my store, but I did not even know how to close it. I was not even informed by Shopify that my store will end in a certain amount of time or that I will get billed. How can I get a refund for this, I wanted to close my store and I cannot afford this service.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Hey, @beautieslush1

I'm sorry to hear that there was some confusion surrounding the length of your trial and when/if you would be billed for the services. Closing your store would be the right step to take; however, if you're still having issues finding where to close your store then you'll want to navigate to Settings/Plans and Permissions and select "close store" at the bottom of the page. Our help centre document provides these steps in greater detail as well. 

While our Terms of Service does state that we do not provide refunds, we can make exceptions on a case by case basis as long as the store is fully closed within a reasonable amount of time of the invoice generating. In order to review your refund request, I will need to verify the store via email. If you can respond to my email titled "Shopify Forum Support" with the requested information then I can help get this reviewed. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes