Requesting refund and cancel of store (that's defunct for more than a year)

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, i had(have) a shopify store that was on the basic plan since 24 Oct 2018 but the business did not survive past the 1st year.

I clearly remembered we have deactivated/removed billing renewal before, that's why when the business folded, we just left it as it is.
However, i am shocked to see a 2 year renewal fee in my personal credit card bill yesterday.

I tried to log in using the old credentials for the main account but was told by the system that the account has not been active for more than 3 months and it needs to send a ten-digit code to my the defunct business email address. All the email addresses and the domain are long defunct and no longer registered since 1 year ago. I have no way to access the main account to look at the billing, cancel the store or even contact Shopify support. 

I can only access a sub customer service account (which for some reason did not state i am not active for more than 3 months) to post this comment here.

Can any Shopify staff or customer service please help me?

My details are as follows:
Shop URL: https://kind-of-good.myshopify.com/
Main Account: admin@sibehgood.store (this is a defunct email now)

Thanks, 
Ronnie

UPDATE: Have contacted support via Live Chat. Now awaiting Accounts team to contact me direct.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
801 94 134

Hi, @sibehgood-cust,

Hank here from Shopify.

That is great to hear you are awaiting an update from the accounts team, so the update is very much appreciated on the forum!

Do let me know if you have any additional questions.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like