Required Parameters Don't Match Feed - ecomm_prodid - Google Channel + Dynamic Remarketing

BenjaminR
Visitor
1 0 1

We used the Google Channel to install the Google Ads tag, but it is not passing the correct parameter for Dynamic Remarketing. I am hesitant to edit any code, since I didn't install any code to begin with. And Shopify advises against adding tracking code when you use the Google Channel since it does it automatically. I am hoping for a simple code-free fix. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.28.15 AM.png

Replies 3 (3)

Colin_Brogan
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I am having the exact same problem. Vanilla Google Shopping App,

In my case, I can see that my feed has the following product id format:

shopify_IT_[product_id]_[variant_id]

The areas in brackets ofcourse being filled with the ID's for each product and variant coming out of shopify.

However, the report shows that my actual product page is sending the following format:

shopify_US_[product_id]_[variant_id]

My client is in italy, so the first is correct. I have gone through shopify settings everywhere I can see, and set the correct country. However, whatever js the google channel app is inserting, nonetheless, keeps assuming the country is falsely the US.

Is this perhaps the same problem for you? I am a web-developer, but I am hesitant to write my own JS to try and override something being automatically added by shopify.

Erwin-Sunhats
Tourist
22 0 2

Hi,

Did anybody find an answer to this issue?

Google Ads ecomm_prodid shows "shopify_US", but Merchant shows (the correct) "shopify_ZA"

Where can this be changed? I have looked everywhere. ( I think 🙂

thanks

Erwin

WeDoTheStuff
20 0 0

Hi @Erwin-Sunhats,

In our app you can change the country initials to make it work.

We understand it could be a pain in the @#! to implement Google's dynamic remarketing pixel, so that's why we've created an app to do it for you.

It fires the right snippet with the right attributes and values every time.

Check it out.

https://apps.shopify.com/dynamic-remarketing

If there's anything to customize on your site from our end to make it work, we can do it for you.