Resident of ON, Canada. Mistakenly I have setup my store on shopify.com rather than shopify.ca

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there,

I live in Ontario, Canada and am new to shopify and dropshipping business.

• I am planning to sell products in Canada and to the US.
  • I have a domain already but I have not connected it with my store yet.
  • Mistakenly, I have setup a store on shopify.com (90-day trial) rather than setting it up on shopify.ca

My concern is...

1. Is it OK to continue with my store on shopify.com or is it recommended to have my store setup on shopify.ca?
  2. If it is recommended to move my store to shopify.ca then can someone please guide me how to transfer my stop to shopify.ca?
  3. If it is OK to continue with my store on shopify.com then does it create any issues in regarding to filing taxes from US and Canada?

I don't know what more questions to ask, but for now this is what I would like to get help for.

Thank you in advance,

DBAdmin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 2

It shouldn't be a problem, mate. 
I'm from India and I have my store registered on Shopify.com rather than shopify.in

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you!

Best wishes and stay safe!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3276 246 562

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @DBAdmin,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

This wouldn't matter much or be a problem. Once you add your store address in the store settings the system will register you are based in Canada. The .com or .ca you arrived from wouldn't impact that at all really. 

You mentioned you have a domain but need to connect it still. Shopify has a guide going through all the steps for how to set up your domain which you can see here

If you do have any other questions, let us know in the community or by contacting the support team

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like