Restore Deleted Products

Solved
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello there,

For some reason, some of my products got deleted in Oberlo, because i set the setting of the variant is no longer available, it will remove the product automatically. Is there a way to restore deleted products in my store? I wasn't able to backup my products by exporting it to a csv. Let me know. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2175 137 290

Hi @capurehiyuy,

Nick here from Shopify. Good question! 

Once a product has been deleted it is permanently removed from Shopify and can't be restored. Should a product be deleted from your store you would need to add it back to the admin again. 

19-06-ko89k-i71rd

Shopify has a helpful guide for this going into more detail about it which you can read here

Hopefully, this helps and answers your question. If you have any others, don't hesitate to let me know. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
I see. I just need to retrieve the product description so that I can repost it again. Hopefully there will be a option to restore products in Shopify in the near future. Thanks.
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2175 137 290

Complete understand where you are coming from. As a store owner, we've all been there. But this feedback is good and we really appreciate it. I'll put this forward to our development as a feature request on your behalf for the future. 🙂

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1
Thanks Nick! :)
1 Like
1 0 0

My client accidentally deleted one of their (most complicated) listings and I frantically contacted support to see if it could be recovered before finding this online article. I had to spend 2-3 hours tonight trying to remember all of the details from that page from scratch and their page was offline for half of the day. For reference, this page is linked in several places on their website (featured on the home page as one of the CTA's), and has 60 variants.

If there was a 24-48 hour recovery period for deleting products, I would have saved 2-3 hours of my time plus the time lost on acquiring clients while the site was down for half a day.

I hope you would consider a similar feature on your future product roadmap. Thank you!

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2175 137 290

Hi @juniperbrands,

Thank you for your feedback. I think that's a very interesting concept and will add your point and example of how it affected you regarding the delay aspect to the feature request. 

0 Likes