Restrict Refunds

1 0 0

Hello,

I don't see an option to restrict refunds in the admin permissions....not all our user need our should have accsss to process refunds. How can this be accomplished? 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
27 0 2

HI there!

Leon here from the Shopify support team!

While it's possible to restrict what kind of access a staff member you create has within your account, it's not possible to restrict it to this extent. That is, while it's possible to grant a staff member permissions to see the orders section of your admin, it's not possible to further restrict them so they have access but are unable to process refunds. 

Currently there is no workaround for something like this, but I've submitted it as a feature request on your behalf. Hopefully it's something we might be able to implement in the future! Feel free to give our support team a shout if you have any further questions about this at all. 

I hope you're having a great day!

Cheers,
Leon

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I would like to know if this was resolved. We need the same restrictions for our staff. We want them to be able to create orders, but restrict them to issue refunds.

Thank you.

Aarti

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi.

Has there been any forward movement on this request? To be honest, I'm really surprised this is not a feature in a multi-user ecommerce solution marketed to businesses other than sole proprieterships. Having no way to prevent staff who view, process, and fulfill orders from also issuing refunds on those same orders violates the fundmental business principle of separation of concerns. It will raise flags during an audit, and the only remediation we could offer at this point is to switch ecommerce solution provider. 

We really love the features and ease of use of Shopify. It's almost perfect. Please consider getting this into a sprint at your ealiest convenience.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
25 0 0

Hello,

We also interested, is this were solved. 

In our case, except for the accountant and the manager, no one should see orders at all.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi we are also interested in this!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Same here. There must be some sort of permission scheme to restrict destructive actions like deleting orders, modifying completed orders, processing refunds and such.

Another solution would be to "allow it", but queue the change for manual approval by an admin.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
Also interested in this! Was pretty surprise that this functionality isn't available.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Shopify Team,

Since you already rolled out [Order Edit] with a separate permission switch other than [Order]. Can you do a little more by adding a restriction to [Order Refund]? It's quite crucial because any staff who do fulfillment that must able to view orders - can do refunds without any limitation. Which would be a disaster if an employee wants to do some harm to the business.

0 Likes