Retroactively update a product attribute & have it appear in reports for sales before the update

El-Mona
1 0 0

Hi,

We recently did a bulk update to ensure all of our products had a 'product type' attribute assigned.

We are looking at we export online sales data from Shopify to bulk import it into our physical POS system.

However, the product report (Analytics > Reports > Sales By Product) still has N/A in the product type column for products that do now have a type assigned.

Do Shopify reports not retroactively add attributes to past sales?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
42technologies
Tourist
7 0 0

Hi El-Mona, 

We came across the same issue today. We updated the product type field for a number of products.
However, the "Sales by product" report still shows the old product type value. 

The order itself (when you go to any order and append .json to the URL, you will see it) has its own product type value, which is not updated when the actual product type in the product changes. 
We think that this is the cause of the issue. 

It is really confusing for merchants and is hopefully a known bug. 

0 Likes
BetterReports-K
Excursionist
45 2 2

Hi @El-Mona,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team.

I believe our app Better Reports can help! In our reports, the 'product type' always shows the current product type associated with the product. Not the product type at the time of the sale. This will ensure that the batch updates are captured within our Sales by product type reports. We can help you to set up a custom report capturing all the data you need to import to your POS system.

In addition to building custom reports to meet your specific needs, you'll have access to 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants and our reports can be scheduled to send to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies  - like after the close of every day.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial, and I'll be happy to set this up for you. 

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

0 Likes
Report-Pundit
Excursionist
148 0 12

Hello @El-Mona ,

I am John from Report Pundit, a reporting and analytics app with more than 500 five-star reviews.

If you are still looking for a solution then Report Pundit can fetch data for the changes that are made to the vendor and product name, tags, type, etc in the sales level reports. 

Our team has experience in creating custom reports for more than 10k customers. Contact us at support@reportpundit.com or our live chat support team for help.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
0 Likes

Hi, @El-Mona 

My name is Denis and I'm one of the developers of the Advanced Reports app.

With our app you can get Sales by Actual Product type that products have right now:

Dеnis_0-1625844713394.png

Please feel free to contact me via support@omegacommerce.com if you have additional questions.

Just Play in Analytics with Advanced Reports
Other Great Apps: [ Shopping Feeds | Instant Search ]

0 Likes