How do you manage returns for print on demand t-shirts?

Postgamebasebal
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello-

I'm just starting up a store using print on demand for t shirts, and looking for some insight- for those also offering POD; how do you handle returns for things like wrong size ordered, don't like the color, changed mind, etc.?  Do you allow them, since these are essentially custom printed products?  Do you take them back and hold/resell?  Or do you have a no returns policy?

Any info, insight, experiences would be great.  

Thanks!

-Kirk

Replies 2 (2)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 158

Hi, @Postgamebasebal!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Offering returns is a great way to solidify customer trust in your brand. When you're relying on suppliers, like Print on Demand, the waters can be a bit murky, so I'll outline a couple of options for you.

First and foremost, I recommend checking out your suppliers' return policy. Some suppliers do accept returns, while others do not. You will also find that some will also offer free replacements. Depending on which suppliers you're using will determine what the return process would like. I've linked the return policies of 3 of our most popular Print on Demand suppliers to help get you started:

If you're using a different supplier to the above, you will be able to find their return policies on their website.

Once you've worked out the return policy, you can then start to shape your policy around that. As an example, if your supplier does not accept returns, but as a business, you'd still like to offer a return process, you can look at running it at a loss for the products. This would mean, your customers can return the product to you and you can arrange a new product to be sent out, or offer a refund. We have some great policy template generators that may be useful to you. You can find them here: https://bit.ly/37ywh96.

If you need a hand with getting everything sorted, please let me know!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

triviumxsports
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks, it helped me a lot