Why isn't my returning customer discount code working on Shopify?

AnaAmoriana
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

I set up a manual discount code for returning customers to enter for 20% off their entire purchase. I have had multiple customers reach out to me telling me it isn't working for them. I can see their abandoned checkout has the same email they used with their first checkout. Can somebody help me figure out why it won't work sometimes? 

Thank you!

Replies 4 (4)

AnaAmoriana
Visitor
3 0 0

discount 1.pngdiscount 2.png

This is what the code looks like.

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

Hi, @AnaAmoriana 

It looks like you have the discount set up correctly, but please double check the following:

The customers who have had trouble are visible here: 

If the customers are visible under "Returning", please let me know and I will reach out to you directly so I can look into your account.

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AnaAmoriana
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Elle, 

Thank you for responding. The customers who had trouble were visible under the Returning list. Is the discount not working because a returning customer is set to be "more than 1 order"? I want the discount to be applicable to more than 0 orders, meaning anybody who has made at least 1 purchase can use the code. I created a new customer group for more than 0 orders and changed the discount to be specific to the new customer group I created. I am hoping this solves the issue. 

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

Hi, @AnaAmoriana 

Sorry for not clarifying that earlier! That would be the case, yes. 

Now that you have a new customer group set up for "more than 0 orders", with the discount applied to this specific customer group, all customers who have placed at least 1 order will be able to utilize the discount. 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog