Revamped site. Problem'????

messenger
12 0 0

Revamped my site through a company called Brandafy. It looks stunning but all settings in the admin dashboard have been altered. This means I cannot see where I can create a new collection or touch other parameters.

I'm totally lost and this sets me back to the beginning as I'm a new guy in online shopping.  They did a wonderful job of course but they never informed me upon completion for these changes or even send me some instructions.  

Can anyone here please please give me some advice 

Regards to all

Tom

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
443 44 93

Hi @messenger 

Can you share a screenshot of your admin (hide any personal/private information) to show what you are describing?

0 Likes
messenger
12 0 0

3 screenshots

Admin 1.JPGAdmin 2.JPGAdmin 3.JPG

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
443 44 93

That's your theme editor, not your admin. 

You create collections from the main admin, under the Products menu.

BobsMojo_0-1614800094084.png

0 Likes
messenger
12 0 0

Thank you sir! 

I've been looking into it since morning and finaly I found the process of adding new collections and products. What about the rest of the functionalities though?

How to change the messages on the banners for example. The people who built it the have an animated banner for 40% off which is alright by me but the have a headline up top showing 80%. How can I change this I have no clue and I don'tBanner 1.JPG want to play in there and destroy something

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
443 44 93

That depends on if they coded the banner into the site theme or if it is an app.

I see on one of your screenshots that they have multiple header items in the theme settings. I would check in each of those first and look for that text. If it is just typed into a field under one of those items, you can just change the text to say what you want it to.

BobsMojo_0-1614800818791.png

If you don't find it under any of those, go to your Apps menu in your admin and see what apps they have installed. There may be some kind of Banner app, which you can click on and go to the settings for that app to change the verbiage.

BobsMojo_1-1614800978289.png

0 Likes
messenger
12 0 0

i thank you very much\I will try your info and see 

0 Likes
messenger
12 0 0

I did find it on the Theme section. Changed it too. BTW do you think this change would affect the prices? Or its just a tempt for people to shop?

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
443 44 93

No it will not affect the prices. Those are set in the product setup pages for each product in the admin. The banner is just a display (just like hanging a banner on the front of a brick & mortar store).

Of course you do want to make sure your prices align with whatever the banner states, or have a discount set up to make sure you are providing what you advertise (i.e. if you're advertising 50% off products X Y and Z or Collection A, then you need to have the applicable products set up with a 'Compare At' price that is 50% more than the actual price, or alternately have an automatic discount set up for 50% off the applicable products).

BobsMojo_0-1614804958003.png

BobsMojo_1-1614805003225.png

0 Likes
messenger
12 0 0

Hi again and I apologize if I am becoming a pest

I just received an email from Google Merchant Informing me: (below)

Dear Google Merchant Center User,Merchant Center Account:  ***********We've reviewed your Merchant Center account and found policy violations.Your Merchant Center account has been suspended, and your products are no longer being promoted.Note that a suspension notification is also displayed in your Merchant Center account. In addition, related Merchant Center accounts may also get suspended.Your Merchant Center account is in violation of the following policies:Misrepresentation Google doesn't want users to feel misled by the content promoted in Shopping ads. [link to policy] In determining whether a merchant and/or site meets our requirements, we may review information from multiple sources including your website, product listings, accounts and third party sources.  If you believe there’s been an error, please contact us by visiting https://support.google.com/merchants/gethelp.If you believe there's been an error or you believe you have fixed the issues, we want to help. Use the “Request review” button located on the Account Issues tab on the Diagnostics page of your Merchant Center account to request account reevaluation or

I finaly spoke to a Google tech and he told me that the reason is because my webpage does not contain Either a Phone number or an Email or a Physical address

He  told me that if I rectify these then they will make a review and reinstate me

Would you know where in the page to actually enter these info that they requested?

I am obliged to you

Tom

0 Likes