Reverse manual collection sorting or add product on the top of the list

Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi everyone,

I hope you all have started the year 2019 in a good and productive way.

I explain my problem :

I created a "Sold" collection, and I want every product I add to go to the top of the collection list, instead of the bottom. It is a manual collection, but I want this to be performed automatically.

The 2 ways I found are : reversing the collection order or find a way to make product go to the top automatically, but I didn't find much about it. So ... Here I am.

Thanks a lot in advance

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
79 1 8

Hey, Christian!

I'm Lizzy, a Guru from the support team at Shopify.

There may be a few ways to achieve what you're looking for with your collection order.

The first thing I would suggest is setting the order to "Newest." This will ensure that your most recently created products appear at the top of the collection. 

The useful thing about this option is If this works for most of your products, but there are one or two which would need to be adjusted you could set the order to "Newest" and then back to "Manual" and the order would stay in the newest - oldest order until you manually moved items around. It's good to keep in mind though, if you have an order you like in the manual setting, it will be lost once you switch to an ordered option like "Newer."

There is another way to adjust your product order in collections. I found this forum post which explains, in a comment from Caroline Schnapp, a method for reversing the order of your collections as they appear on your site. This means that if you're adding the newer ones to the bottom in the admin, they will appear at the top on your storefront.

What were you looking to use this order for in your store? If you let me know, it's possible I'll be able to find further solutions if these options don't work out. Please let me know if you have any questions about what I've said. 

Thank you, 
Lizzy

0 Likes
9 0 0

Hi Lizzy,

Thanks for your help !

The first thing I would suggest is setting the order to "Newest." This will ensure that your most recently created products appear at the top of the collection.

I'm not trying to sort by "most recently added" but the "most recently sold".

I found this forum post which explains, in a comment from Caroline Schnapp, a method for reversing the order of your collections as they appear on your site. This means that if you're adding the newer ones to the bottom in the admin, they will appear at the top on your storefront.

I tryied this method, but instead of reversing all the list, it only reverse the items of each page, individually. I'm looking for a way to reverse all my list, because as the products are sold, they go in the collection in the right order, but I just have to reverse it.

What were you looking to use this order for in your store?

I have a "Recently sold" collection, and I'd like to make it fully automatic.

Thanks a lot, hope I will find a solution

Christian

0 Likes