Review My Store? Hit first $1k month today, but still feel like the store needs improvement

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey all, I've been working to improve conversion rates, ads etc. Since January (when I started), conversion rates have been going up and the store is doing pretty well, especially since I've only been offering 2 colors (black and gray) and sizes S-L. Next month, will introduce 2 new colors (purple and red) as well as size XL (been getting lots of requests from customers for this).

I also got some professional shots done about 3 weeks ago and those boosted conversions for sure.

However, I still feel like it needs improvement. I'll link to the product page as that's where I drive the most of my traffic.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 27 45

Hi @MaverickThomas

Hyde here at Shopify.

That's great to hear that you've hit $1K in the first month, but it's also excellent that you don't feel complacent as a result and want to keep improving.

As you've not linked your store, it's hard to give specific feedback. So I will have to provide you with solid but generic tips on improving your conversions and your marketing.

There are a lot of ways you might approach improving your conversions and there is no one correct method for all stores and business types.

Given that, we’ve put together a whole section here on our blog that deals with optimizing your conversion rate. There’s one blog in particular here that deals with ways to increase your conversions that I would recommend.

A conversion starts long before the actual purchase, with the marketing and brand you develop. As a result, you will need to focus your efforts on building content and targeting the right customers with the right sort of ads.

There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here that you can use to build up a sense of who you're marketing to. You'll want to target them with blog content around your business, your niche, and also your products such as:

- guides to using your products
- products that work well together
- your journey in starting this business
- commentary on a major topic within your niche
- interview with an influencer within your niche

There’s a great guide to building a blog for your business here: https://bit.ly/3egFIh0

*Blogs on Facebook Ads and Sales:*

- How to Set Up Facebook Ads

- An introduction to Facebook Ads

- 6 types of Facebook Ads 

- How to Build and Launch a Profitable Store

Another resource that I would hugely recommend is an app called KIT. KIT is a virtual employee for your Shopify store. It helps drive sales by doing everything from creating highly-targeted Facebook ad campaigns, to sending personal thank-you emails to customers, to handling the other apps that you use to manage your store. I really think this is something that would be beneficial for you, and your store as a way to increase your traffic. You can check it out here.

I hope this all helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes