Review sales channel Facebook

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi , 

I mamaned to link Facebook to my Shopify account . Some products successfully published on Facebook catalogue . However , there are a few which can’t be published. When I review sales channel , the error shown for that product is -needs a brand - 

has anyone encounter this and how can I troubleshoot this ? Your advise is very much appreciated .

regards 

Lilian 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 15 54

Hi, @LilianT!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I'd love to help you solve this today. The brand error you described sounds like it might be resulting from the Google channel, as opposed to the Facebook channel.

I will need your help to rule this out - can you please provide me with a screenshot of the error you see? This is super important, as it will ensure I don't misunderstand any part of your question, and get you a solution sooner than later.

Please be mindful of your screenshot to ensure any sensitive store information is blurred or not visible.

I look forward to your reply,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 15 54

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @LilianT.

Olivia here again! I continued to do some digging for you in the background and I found something that might be helpful. It turns out that Facebook uses Vendor name for "Brand", so the error you see could be misleading.

Facebook has a set limit of 100 characters allowed for Vendor name, so I will have you double check that your chosen vendor name for that product is within this limit. You can use a free online tool like Character Counter (https://wordcounter.net/character-count) to make sure you comply with their restriction. 

Please let me know if that works.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes