Running multiple domains from one shopify store - Also all with a slight difference, is it possible?

Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Thank you very much Steven, however I cannot seem to make it work with a blog. Basically I have 2 domains (domain A and B). I want when people going to domain A they will see only Blog page and people going to domain B will see the store and blog.

0 Likes
2 0 0
I could be wrong but how I’ve been coached is to use different websites (not stores) to point to different pages-meaning one Shopify store with each page of the store being a different brand/section
0 Likes
2 0 0
I could be wrong as I’m no expert but if this were me I’d have website 1 pointed to the blog page & website 2 pointed to the main Shopify store page
0 Likes
2 0 0

Not sure what I am doing wrong but can't see to get this to work. Thought I followed all the instructions to the tee but guess not.

My third party domain is www.rusticfeatherboutique.com that I've successfully moved to Shopify using the minimal theme. My primary domain is www.renwills.com.

I've created a collection call boutique that I want rusticfeatherboutique to point to.

Here is what I've added.

index.liquid

{% if request.host == 'www.rusticfeatherboutique.com' and request.path == '/' %}
{% section 'collection-template' %}
{% else %}
{% endif %}

collection-template.liquid

{% if request.host == 'www.rusticfeatherboutique.com' and request.path == '/' %}
{% assign collection = collections['www.rusticfeatherboutique.com-collection-boutique'] %}
{% endif %}

Someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 4
I think the issue is that your collection handle is just ‘boutique’, so collections['www.rusticfeatherboutique.com-collection-boutique'] should instead be collections['boutique']. If it still doesn’t work, then maybe you shouldn’t include ‘www’ in the request.host if statements, but I haven’t tried this with www subdomains.
0 Likes