SAVE message still displaying after I have 'saved' product

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

I am creating products and I am still seeing the Unsaved Changes' message at the top of the product page immediately after I have saved the product. 

I am get the 'Product Saved' message after I have saved it.  However, the Unsaved Changes banner still is showing at the top of the product page.  When I click the arrow to go back, then I get the pop-up telling me 'If you leave this page, all unsaved changes will be lost'.  I click on Leave Page anyway, and see that the product WAS stored successfully.

I believe it is only happening when I am duplicating a product, and changing almost all of the information in it.

Maybe I shouldn't be doing this??  

Please advise...thx!!

Replies 17 (17)

etownsend
Visitor
2 0 2

I am having this same issue this morning. I also duplicated a product and then changed almost all of the information in it and when I click save, it says that it saved, but then I see the save button again and the banner display that there are unsaved changes. 

It would be nice if someone at Shopify could speak to this issue.

mindy2
6 0 0

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have been pulling my hair out with this ons! Cannot make my new products live, no changes are being saved... Thanks

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

@mindy2  Have you been able to get things to 'save' and publish yet?  You need to save them first, then go in to 'Product Availability' just to the right of the product title, and make sure 'Online Store' is checked before they will show on your website.

mindy2
6 0 0

Hi, Yes, I have completed and saved all info for the product. Then when i go in to manage channels, choose online and the others that i use, save again, i still get the unsaved changes box. It looks like the page will not completely reload, if this makes sense. My workaround is to go to" all products" and search to bring them up and check the box to the left.  i get a pop up for channels to save to make available on.

It works, but it isnt the way that it has always worked before. I cleared all cache and browsing history on three different browsers, same issue. I am stumped!

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

@mindy2 

Thanks for responding.  I'm having issues with slowness when editing the fields for both the Google and Facebook Channels.

Very slow and that 'save' message always there after I save.  Talking often with support. 

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

**  UPDATE **

I still have SAVE issues when trying to maintain Facebook category.  It says it saves it, but still keeps the SAVE button at the top of the maint. screen.  Then when I try to back out, it tells me I will loose any changes.  But that is the only way to leave the screen...and I do loose the changes.

I just don't worry about it anymore.  I have talked with multiple help desk people.  Bottom line, I believe I have the problem because I use a Windows PC with Norton security.  They gave me a list of about 20 things to try. In other words, they want me to find out the issue.  I did most, but I just don't have the days to spend on that. They have told me to turn off my firewall.  That works, but I cannot leave my firewall off... so I live with FB errors for now.  I do NOT have the issue with Google though.  So that leads me to believe the FB app needs work.

These issues started when we started using Shopify GOOGLE and Shopify FACEBOOK apps. 

The Google one is good now, can add minimum fields to get it into Google Merchant Center.  I assign a few feed rules in Merchant Center when the data arrives, however it seems the app does not send the data over until we fulfill the minimum fields (which I'm not positive what those are).  Disappointing, as I have seen in Merchant Center (before we started using the Shopify app) that products that do not have a category were 'assigned' one by Merchant Center.  But it seems to me that Shopify does not even SEND the product if there is no category.  

On the FACEBOOK app though, I still am shown in the Sales Channels block that FB needs a Google Category...BUT....the product is still sent over to FB.  This is GOOD, because we need the product to at least be available on the FB side so we can tag products in our Instagram posts.  For the important products we care about, we go back and due as much as we can, time permitting, to input data.  Other than that...I just ignore that error, since it is still sent to FB.

Overall, this has at least forced us to 'clean' up our data.  We have spent weeks on it (as we inherited the database when we purchased the business).  It takes longer to enter products, but we are trying to work with the Shopify infrastructure.  They do seem to care about making it right, but I know they are swamped to provide for customers just as we are swamped to survive.   

luluburgess
Visitor
3 0 0

I've also cleared and I'm stumped also.  I keep trying.  I've loaded hundreds of items and this problem just mysteriously pops up.  Its frustrating.  Also I noticed the header color has changed color now the header block is black.  Something has changed.  

luluburgess
Visitor
3 0 0

We have been struggling with this same issue.  Seems like something gets adjusted and then I am able to get a few products saved and then the problems starts over again.  Its very frustrating and it would be great if we could talk to an actual representative instead of just emailing.  Let me  know if you have any better luck getting this situation resolved.

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

@luluburgessWe do not have this issue much as of now when it comes to adding a Shopify product.  Once and a while...but the 'clear your cache' resolution they always tell you to do.... needs to be done frequently when adding multiple products at a sitting. 

Their support has been a tough one since COVID.  I have used the chat somewhat successfully.  The 'call-back' support is the best...but it does not show up all the time when you go to the support screens...in fact I think it is really hard to find.  One of the reps told me that it only shows up if they have coverage to actually support it.  Kind of weird...  Unfortunately I think the chat function gets off-short support people more than actual Shopify personnel.  They go through the 'canned' resolutions, like 'clear your cache'...and you spend tons of time 'communicating with them' until you actually get to a point where you are getting useful resolutions.  Unfortunately, we try to keep things as simple as possible with our site so we do not have to deal with support.  Best to you

luluburgess
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you for responding.  Yes I agree support is a challenge.  This problem seems to be one that many people have suffered through.  I hope SHOPIFY will address this and find a universal fix for this.  I will keep trying and I will once again clean up the cache.  

mindy2
6 0 0

How did you resolve this issue? I am having the exact same problem.

Thanks

iriswee
Tourist
4 0 0

has this problem been solved. it's june 2022 and i am having this same issue. top bar shows "Unsaved Changes" even though i have pressed the save button several times. when i try to exit, it says i have unsaved changes and i will lose them if i leave the page. 

Hellwood_Outfit
Excursionist
40 0 11

I'm guessing not. July 2022 and still got this very same problem.

https://hellwoodoutfitters.com

kbarcelo
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Did you ever solve this?  We figured out it has something to do with empty metafields

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

I'm interested in hearing what you found regarding metafields.  Any insight would be helpful.

If you wouldn't mind sharing what you found...I'd appreciate.

Shopify hasn't done anything regarding.  I have reported it also via the tech thread, but never heard anything.  

Thx

zomex
Explorer
64 1 19

@Shopify - this issue still exists. When will you reply?

Web Developer - zomex.co.uk
Elmo_Hamilton
Visitor
1 0 0

Having the same problem here. The product does save (even when it says it isn't) it seems to have a negative impact on the URL when the product is found via the 'search bar' within the website.
@Shopify any help with this would be appreciated