SEO - Should I add Brand name to product title when using DEBUT theme

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

Hi 

I've just switched over from another theme to Debut theme and am a little confused about H1 Headings. It's my understanding that the Product Title (at the top of each product page) acts as the H1 heading. On my previous theme I added the vendor/brand name to every product title for SEO purposes however what I noticed with the Debut theme is that it automatically displays the Vendor title on the collection pages therefore duplicating the name and looking messy. I took all the brand/vendor names out of my titles but I'm now worried that this will affect my SEO.

I have however put the brand name in the title of the Website SEO at the bottom of the page. 

If anyone can tell me if I've done the right/wrong thing that would be great. 

Thanks so much

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
299 34 67

Hi @ecobeau 

If you want to set it back the way you had it, you can disable the option to display the vendor/brand on the product page from your theme editor.

MelsMojoBob_0-1600175756811.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion however I do like how this displays on the website as it looks smarter. Any ideas on whether this affects my SEO?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 6

Start with what people search for. Use a tool like GKP, Ahrefs, SEMrush, Ubersuggest etc etc.

If you see a pattern with searches (with some monthly volume) matching the pattern: 

"[your-brand] [product-name]"

Then you should probably include that in the <h1> & <title>.

In-house SEO on a few S+ stores. Freelance sometimes. If my comment was helpful, feel free to help me out: https://kieran.co.nz/my-referral-links/
1 Like