SHOPIFY TRANSACTION FEES

Highlighted
4 0 0

I am starting an online retail store where I would sell grocery products. I am wondering were does shopify charge the transaction fees. Is it from the revenue per transaction or profit per transaction? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 58 88

Hey, @balsy. Welcome to Shopify!

Transaction fees are only charged if you are not using Shopify Payments as your payment gateway. While using Shopify Payments, you can expect the credit card processing fees to be deducted from each transaction, however no additional transaction fees will be charged.

Are you using a third party processor? If so, the transaction fee amount is determined by the subscription plan you are on and is applied to the total value of the order the customer places. For example, if your customer makes a $50 purchase on your site + $5 for shipping for a total order value of $55.00, then the transaction fee would be applied to $55.00 amount. You can read more about payment processing fees in this Help Doc

The transaction fee amount per plan, as well as the credit card processing fees for Shopify Payments is found on the Pricing page here. For third party gateways, please contact your provider directly to inquire about their credit card rates, as well as any other fees per use they may require. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I actually really want to use shopify payments but the feature isn't available in my country

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

in case of 3rd party payment, Does this fee applies on the POS solution? what about cash sales from the POS?

0 Likes