SOLUTION: Excluding Discount Codes on Sale Items in Shopify

2 0 3

HOw you figured out a way to do this when the coupon isn't being applied to the whole store, but to a specific collection of products or even a specific product?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Still waiting for this feature. Please add shopify. I have 1700 products. I'm not categorizing them this way to make this functionality work.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

Hello! We just developed an app for excluding tags from smart collections - https://apps.shopify.com/advanced-custom-collections

I think this will be relevant in solving the issue as you can create a collection that combines any smart collections while excluding any products which are tagged 'sale'.  Then you can create a discount code just for this non-sale collection. Also it auto-syncs so you don't have to worry when you update or add products.

Please try it out and let us know your feedback!

0 Likes
1 0 0
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
133 0 20
Tourist
24 0 0

Hey mate,

Use something like smart tags to do the same thing automatically. I have set it up that as soon as its a discounted product it gets added to clearance. The smart tags auto assign 'notclearance' tag to everything that isn't in this collection automatically and a 'not on clearance' collection uses that tag to generate its products.

I have over 3500 products and it works a treat.

Regards,

Ben

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for your helpful post. 

I can't figure out how to auto assign a negative condition. e.g. "auto assign 'notclearance' tag to everything that isn't in this collection automatically."

What app are you using? 

Thanks so much for your time, 

Jonathan

0 Likes
1 0 0

Do you know if there is a way to exclude variants within a product?  We have a necklace that comes in a few colors and only some of the colors are on sale. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

So, I may be missing something, but I have solved this by creating x2 tags : Discount-YES & Discount - NO 

Then tag all products with one or the other

then create 2 Collections (which are hidden on site - eg. not in any navigation) called Discount Yes & Discount NO (and set auto to include by the correct tag)

Set discount codes to Applies to Collection Discount YES

that's it

0 Likes
1 0 0

Why can't you just turn off all of your other coupon codes during the sale?

0 Likes