SOLVED: How to set up minimum order quantities for each product

Excursionist
16 0 1

FYI: We now use the Shopify core function to calculate shipping costs based on weight and only certain weights have no shipping costs (full boxes). 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 3

@Ober Hello, I am sorry, are you answering my question  using this direction?
Can you clarify more details that How could I restrict user must buy items from a specific collection with minimum amount, like $50.
MinMaxify works only if user add at least 1 cart line from that specific collection, if user adds none, the limitation would not work.
Do you know any APP can work?

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 1

@ruiniu11 No, since we do not use MinMaxify I can not answer your question. I just stated the solution to use weight combined with shipping costs which in our case should work. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 3

@Ober Thank you. It looks like a bright idea. However, We only do "Local delivery", that is we are using shopify's local delivery function, and it does not take weight into consideration. So, probably, we will go with MinMaxify and wait the App developer to fix the hole.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks so much James , the code was super helpful !

I manage to create the snippet and reference the code back into the product-template liquid.

I have 2 issues. 

Issue 1

On the product that now i have tagged min100. It shows 2 options of the quantities boxes.

One with Min 100 and increments of 1 and below this is another box with the min 1 and increments of 1 quantity box.

So when i add this to my cart it doesnt recognize the 100 option box and takes the second quantity box as the cart totality.

Issue 2

My product has multiple options. Therefore the minimum that i want is a summation of the multiple option. 

For example i have 5 options. A person can click 20 of each option and should allow for the min quantity to be met.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks so much James , the code was super helpful !

I manage to create the snippet and reference the code back into the product-template liquid.

I have 2 issues. 

Issue 1

On the product that now i have tagged min100. It shows 2 options of the quantities boxes.

One with Min 100 and increments of 1 and below this is another box with the min 1 and increments of 1 quantity box.

So when i add this to my cart it doesnt recognize the 100 option box and takes the second quantity box as the cart totality.

Issue 2

My product has multiple options. Therefore the minimum that i want is a summation of the multiple option. 

For example i have 5 options. A person can click 20 of each option and should allow for the min quantity to be met.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
This can be done, but I would simply use an app.

This kind of customization will break once you need to update or upgrade
your theme.  Having the app developers maintain the updates will save
you both time and trouble.
James Byrne, Owner, Information Architect (USMC VET)
After Dark Grafx - Since 1992
"We Work After Dark, So You Don't Have To!"
https://www.afterdarkgrafx.com

Services: Website Design, Mobile App Development (iOS, Android, Windows), Ecommerce, Magento, Shopify, Miva, BigCommerce, Search Engine Optimization, Wordpress, Hosting, Graphic Design, Merchant Accounts, Consulting and all things web related!

Certified Partner/Developer/Affiliates: Shopify, Google Integrator, Wordpress, Zoho, AuthorizeNet, Geotrust and a Member of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Veteran Owned Businesses, Veteran's In Business Network.

I also build custom apps for Shopify!
0 Likes

To set up minimum/maximum order quantity for each product or per variant, you can use the MultiVariants - Bulk Order app.

With the MultiVariants app, you can set up three types of minimum/maximum order limitations for your products.

1. Limit/restrict the quantity (min/max) per variant or total combination of variants.
  2. Limit/restrict the number of variants ordering (min/max).
  3. Limit/restrict order value (amount) per variant or total combination of variants.

Min/Max quantity per variant and total (combination of variants)Min/Max quantity per variant and total (combination of variants)

Bulk variant add to cart with direct to checkout buttonBulk variant add to cart with direct to checkout button

0 Likes