SPF1 DNS entry in managed domain by Shopify

Tourist
5 0 0

Hi,

We have a domain managed by Shopify (gangafy.com). But I'm trying to use our own mail servers. I can receive and sent mails. But these ones go to SPAM. I have added this DNS TXT entry:
v=spf1 mx a:mail.gangafy.com ip4:93.93.64.0/21 include:shops.shopify.com include:_spf.furanet.com ~all

But I can't see that when using a check SPF1 tool as https://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2271 147 307

Hi @Mamma_Mobile,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I'm not 100% sure on what you're trying to do. Are you looking to do email forwarding with that domain by any chance? If so Shopify created a helpful guide for this going through how to set it up which you can read here

If it's not this, would you be able to reply and elaborate a little more on what you mean and are looking to do, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your help. Yes, I have read this link. And I'm trying to reply to customer, but using our own mail server instead of G Suite or Zoho Mail. For now I can reply these mails, but they go to spam folder. So I have added a SPF1 entry in  Domain -> DNS Settings. But It does not take effect. Do you have any idea about this problem?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2271 147 307

It's not something I'm completely familiar with to be perfectly honest. I did a quick search and found a third party guide online which might be able to shed some more light on this for you. You can see it here

Hopefully, this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your answer. I think my dns entry format is valid, because I could check it using refered tool in first message. But I can not see that entry when I check our domain, It's managed by Shopify. Could be that a problem? 

Regards,

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2271 147 307

Would you be able to clarify what you mean exactly by:

But I can not see that entry when I check our domain, It's managed by Shopify.

I'm not 100% sure about what you mean. If you could also share a screenshot (please block out any sensitive or private details if there are any) to give some better context as to where and what exactly you're referring to. 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi,

I have included a screenshot of dns settings in shopify, You can see our SPF1 entry as TXT record. And a screenshot of a tool [1] checking our spf1 . It is not found.

[1] https://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html

Thanks in advance,

gangafy-dns.png

0 Likes