SPOD, Europe VS United States

3 0 0

Hi, I'am Dienand and starting a POD shop for WorldWide customers and I have chosen SPOD as a supplier, since they offer a lot of difference clothing.

The problem I encounter now is that SPOD says I had to have 2 different Shopify accounts, cause SPOD make a distinction between deliveries in Europe and the USA.

I found that a bit awkward since the advantages of the whole POD business is that it is per definition WorldWide. So you want one domain name/brand name.

And I can't imagine any reason why they can't direct an order from Europe or the USA, to the nearest manufacturer. (SPOD says: 

With orders going to Australia, it is recommended that they order from the US. As for other non-EU or US countries, they may order from either site successfully. )

They say I had to create two different domains! Which I found very not logical since you want to have (and I have already registered) one domain name ending on .com (and the other for instance .eu or .org or whatever.)

They suggest that if I want to sell WorldWide, I should is to make a hyperlink on one of the two domains who direct you to the other domain.

So I wonder, how other merchants deal with this or have any advice regarding this issue.

Anyway, Thanks a lot to all other Merchants for reading my post!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Dienand,

I'm a new merchant as well. I ended up using Printful for US and SPOD for rest of the World. 

Positives

• One Spotify account
  • Printful products I use are same price but Printful has an easier app interface

Negatives

• I have to use a GEO IP Product blocker app to make sure US customers only see Printful products, and rest of the world sees only SPOD products. This makes the website slow and awkward
  • I'm having tons of trouble with Facebook integration. Images and product details get pulled from app and Shopify products inconsistently. 

I am just waiting and hoping for Printful to have the specific product I want to be fulfilled in EU, then I can stick to Printful only. Getting Printful products made in US/MX and shipped to EU is terrible - slow and custom duties. 

Alternatively, if SPOD can integrate EU and US as well. 

In short: I use both Printful and SPOD, but really wish I could stick to one. 

0 Likes