SSL Certificate update

Bryanna
Tourist
7 0 4

Hello,

The person who managed our domains and SSLs has passed away and we are trying to figure out how we can update and manage our SSL for Shopify. We use GoDaddy for the domain but if I click the padlock on our store, it says the SSL is certified by Let's Encrypt.

I believe this process is automatic through shopify, but I am wondering if we wanted to transition this to GoDaddy to have more control, how do we update the SSL cert on the backend of our store?

Thanks in advance for the advice. 

0 Likes
Danishecom
Tourist
149 3 12

ssl provide from hosting site. if you re using Shopify site they provide SSL free of cost and you can not take control of SSL from Shopify. you need to wait 24 hours or 48 in some cases. 

0 Likes
Bryanna
Tourist
7 0 4

Thank you for your response. Can you elaborate on the "wait 24 to 48 hours" part? Before that you mentioned we can't control it so I am not sure what the waiting period means.

0 Likes
Danishecom
Tourist
149 3 12

if your go daddy domain successfully connected with Shopify then it takes 24 to 48 hours to SSL propagation time.

0 Likes
Bryanna
Tourist
7 0 4

Thanks, but I think you misunderstood my original question. I am asking where on the backend of shopify we update our SSL cert so we can transfer from Lets Encrypt to GoDaddy.

0 Likes
Danishecom
Tourist
149 3 12

As per my knowledge, there is no solution for you to use another ssl from another hosting provider for shopify but you can get clarity by connecting their help center. thank you

0 Likes
Bryanna
Tourist
7 0 4

I did and am still confused. I was hoping someone in the community had more information since their help center doesn't actually allow you to engage with a shopify employee.

0 Likes