SSL Peding

Highlighted
1 0 0

hello could you help me since yesterday(I've removed it today and try to connect it today) I linked my own domain to my shopify account but it stays on ssl pending? what can I do I have set everything as it is on your site.

SSL-pending-shopify.png

greetings David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
420 55 77

Hi, @DavidQin,

Hank here from Shopify.

Depending on when the domain was connected, some times the SSL cert can take a bit of time due to domain propagation. However, the most common issue, is that the DNS settings are conflicted, or not set up correctly. I will share more detail on this below.

From your screenshot I can see that you are using a third-party domain, so you would need to log in to your domain hosting site to access your DNS settings. Once you find that, we need to ensure that you have an A Record with a value of 23.227.38.65 (there should only be one A Record showing) and it should be for your domain name, without the www.

Next, you will need to set up your sub-domains. For this, you need to create a CNAME record with a value of shops.myshopify.com  (CNAME must read shops and not your store name) and the most common name for this record is www or store, etc.

I have more information to connect your domain here, also!

If all the above is done, and it is still showing as pending, can you share with me your DNS settings, so I can see if there are any conflicts?

It may be a case I can do something on my end once the DNS settings are correct.

But let me know how you get on, and if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes