SSL Pending

Highlighted
2 0 0

I own a domain name thats registered with namecheap. I am trying to connect it with my shopify account. it seems to be connected but its not working. Its been past 48 hours and the message on my shopify account is SSL Pending

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @Ademola101,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

I've taken a look at your domain and it seems that the domains are still not fully pointing to Shopify. You can see an example of this here and here. DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to fully adjust, but it looks like there might be another record interfering with the update. Can you log back into your domain's DNS settings and check if there's another A record or CNAME listed that is not pointing to Shopify? If you would like to send our Support some screenshots of your domains set up, I'm happy to email you privately or our Support here would be happy to take a look too! 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many Thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

Apologies for the late reply. Screenshot is below. Site is still not working. On the shopify website, it says pending. please what can i do to get it working

Thanks.

fg2.JPG

foreverglow.store.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted

I've had this before for a merchant's store - the SSL cert can get stuck in this state; ping Shopify on chat and it can be sorted out while you're there - it took them about 10 mins to clear it and have it issued.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I've tried to connect my domain to my Shopify store and the SSL has been pending for a few days (the domain says connected and next to it SSL pending). I followed all the steps carefully and controlled that there was nothing interfering. But doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if the problem comes from my side or not. 

screencapture-vaping-town-myshopify-admin-settings-domains-2020-05-06-11_23_48.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

@Ademola101  @amir_zsafaei  

Don't get carried away unnecessarily. SSL has not been working on my site for 6 days and they cannot solve my problem. Maybe they would succeed if they had someone who knows how to do it. The problems are somewhere on their platform and they have no one to solve it. The days when Shopify had the best support in the world are gone. They are now far below average. I started making a word press website and preparing for migration.

Good luck with this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Did you try their chat support?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Oh yes, the three of them twisted me really nicely. When one doesn't know what the problem is, switch me to another 'expert', another expert switch me to a third, and third switch me to technical support which doesn't respond to messages for two days. Why do you think I'm so angry?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Now working!!!

I hade long time phone calls with the Shopify support. The problem fixed after I delete the multiple A record from my domain cpanel. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

In my case, the support has been useless so far.

0 Likes