SSL certificate not valid yet since 7 days ago

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

hello,

So its been a week since i redirected my domain to sjopify.com and still the SSL certificate remains not valid.

Can u please check if i did evething the wright way configuring the settings in my domain provider?

my domain is badzanga,pt  and my shopify is bedzanga.myshopify.com (yes it changes the A and E letter in the domain and in the store)

Thank you so much in advance

Captura de Ecrã (91).png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 25 113

Hi, @Toni0808!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thank you for posting this question about your domain. 

Looking at the screenshot you provided, it looks like your domain has two A records. On Shopify, the primary domain used can only have one A record in order for the SSL certificate to work correctly, as outlined here. However, on your screenshot, we can see two A records added to the domain here: 

20-05-7ilhw-he0wx.png

To resolve this, I recommend removing the additional A record from your domain, and instead ensuring your domain is set up to use only Shopify's A record, which is 23.227.38.65. For more details on the records your domain should be using, please check out this document.

If you need a hand with removing the extra A record, please reach out to your domain provider directly and ask them to configure your domain to match the A record - and other DNS records - listed here

Once your domain is using only Shopify's A record, the SSL certificate should build and become valid on your domain within 48 hours. 

Please keep me posted on how this goes! If you need any further assistance, I'm glad to help. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

hello,

Update: So finally today it was issued my ssl certificate.

Thanks for the help

but still im gonna check but im almost sure that i have seen that in shopify help that the A registry should be the second that i have in the list before adding 23.227.38.65 ....

but for now its solved. thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 25 113

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Toni0808!

Thanks for following up with me. I'm glad to hear that your SSL certificate has now connected.

In terms of the A record, you're correct in that Shopify's IP address used to be '23.227.38.32'. If this is being used as an A record on older domains, it will still work on these domains and point to Shopify correctly. However, for newly added domains - like what you're using - it's best to use Shopify's current A record which is '23.227.38.65'.

When setting up a newly added domain to point to Shopify, it's best to follow the steps in this help document, as it's been updated to reference the correct DNS settings required. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about this! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hello Rae again,

Thank you so much for the clarification. Both if yiur answers were truly complete and elucidating for me. 5 stars for you.

And i cannot assure that what u said about the different A adresses is mentioned in the Shopify help articles but i was mislead in error and that cost me a lot of missed time waiting for theSSL certificate to be issued. Maybe i didnt read it well but i leave here that suggestion to distinctly mention that difference between new and old domain, s transfers.

Tahnk u so much again and keep up the good work
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 25 113

Hi, @Toni0808.

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear this information was helpful! 

I appreciate your feedback regarding the confusion with the past and current A records. I understand how this created difficulties for you, and caused a further delay with your SSL certificate becoming established.

I've passed along your thoughts to our teams so that they can read over your feedback and see how this impacted you and your business. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with! 

0 Likes