SSL error

VapingPhantom
1 0 0

I subscribed to shopify last year and ever since I get an SSL error on my store, I tried contacting shopify support many times with no use, most of them are very kind and helpful, but some were really rude! I have been told to look for another provider and move my store! I am very happy using shopify and I invested money and time on it so looking for another provider is not an option!

The error I get is (ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR), at the start my domain www.vapingphantom.com was on godaddy and the store on shopify so shopify support kept on telling me that I should contact godaddy and godaddy's support kept on telling me to contact shopify's support so what I did is transferred www.vapingphantom.com to shopify thinking that will solve my issue! but unfortunately it didn't, and its then when I started receiving rude emails from the support telling me that the store is with no errors and just look for another provider! I have asked many friends and family to check the site, and looks like the store works fine outside Bahrain! the only problem is that within Bahrain the site gives SSL error! I have checked with our ISP over here and the Gov department in charge of online issues and both told me all is fine! in the past if the shopify domain (the-vaping-phantom.myshopify.com) was the primary domain the store works fine but if www.vapingphantom.com was the primary domain I'll get the SSL error, now no matter which is the primary domain visitors will get the error! on top of that I cant login my shopify app and pos! it gives me the same error there as well!

Has any one got this error? very desperate to solve this issue, shopify's support clearly will not assist me with this since they are saying all is good! so please if any one has any information or if any one faced this issue please do advice!

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 56 98

Hello, @VapingPhantom.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been dealing with this ongoing issue and that you had some negative experiences with Shopify Support. It's good to hear that you have been happy with Shopify outside of this domain issue, and I want to acknowledge that your business is appreciated.

A few others have posted about the ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR in the Shopify Community, though the amount of investigating we're able to do from this public space is limited to using tools like whatsmydns.net or who.is to verify that the correct DNS settings are in place, as you can see here and here. I understand that you've likely checked these settings several times now, but I'll leave the information here for anyone else coming across this thread. There should only be one A record, set  to 23.227.38.65, and the CNAME record should be shops.myshopify.com. For Shopify-managed domains, this information is found in the admin under Settings > Domains > Manage > DNS settings.

Since you've already been in touch with Shopify Support, I don't want to ask you to repeat any of the troubleshooting you've been through with our team already. It sounds like this is a localized error, so it's likely more complex than the basic troubleshooting steps and may be outside the scope of our support. If you have an existing ticket specifically with the Technical Support team, please respond directly to that email with any further questions regarding your domain settings.

The domain beginning in www. is your subdomain. Is this browser error coming up for the primary domain as well (vapingphantom.com, without the www.)? I'm also curious to know whether the majority of your customers are in Bahrain and how many reports you've received from customers about this error.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes