Why is my Shopify store's SSL still pending after domain connection?

Ayxan
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello dear sellers, I am new to Shopify and have built my store. After I connected the domain and waited more than a day but it still write "SSL pending". And when I go to the site, he writes that it is not protected. What should I do?

Replies 9 (9)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Ayxan,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

Sure thing! When making any DNS changes, it can take 48 hours for those edits to fully update. Who is your domain provider? If you bought the domain from Shopify it should automatically within 48 hours. If you are pointing the domain to Shopify using a third party domain service, then I'd recommend following this third-party domain set up guide. 

If you could share your domain with me here I'd be happy to take a closer look at the set up just to make sure everything is in order. 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ayxan
Visitor
2 0 0

I bought a domain from Domain.com and my site still won't open.

Here is the link - Removed

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Ayxan,

Thanks for letting me know! I can see that your domain isn't pointing to Shopify correctly. Can you log into your domains admin and remove the A record that's pointing to 66.96.162.140 as shown in this screenshot. As well, the CNAME doesn't seem to be pointing to shops.myshopify.com as shown here. Can you change this info too? Domain.com's customer support here can help too if you would like to share this guide with them. 

Please let me know how this goes! 

SlangMyTee
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Ted,

I had my domain working which I have redirecting from 123 reg. But now I am getting an SSL pending error message and can no longer view my website. 

Can you check the connection for me please?

I also have a '.com' domain which I want to redirect to my account, could you help advise the best way to do this also please?

Thanks
Rob

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @SlangMyTee,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting me know. It can take a domain 48 hours to fully adjust to DNS changes. Has it been more than 48 hours since you pointed the domain to Shopify? If so, please let me know and I'll pop an email your way to help authenticate the account and so I can take a closer look. 

Many thanks, 

SlangMyTee
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Ted,

I had set up A records originally and it had been working for several weeks until I saw the error message today. I have since added a CNAME record to my 123 Reg account today to see if it would make a difference.

Im not the most tech guy so this is all new to me.

Please advise what i can do to get it back up and running.

Thanks
Rob

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @SlangMyTee,

Sure thing, how is it looking now? Have the SSL certs been issued? If not, I'd recommend double-checking that your DNS information is correctly pointing to Shopify's information as mentioned in this guide. You can check the DNS information using a website such as DNS Checker here but please let me know how you get on! 

Many thanks, 

adorna
Excursionist
37 0 5

Hi, I just transaferred my domain from Godaddy to shopify and I see 2 domains now - 1 with www. and another one without. 

Neither of them have an SSL certificate and show the status as 'SSL Pending'. Pls help me on this.

Also, which one out of these 2 should i make as a primary domain?

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @adorna,

Thanks for reaching out! It can take up to 48 hours for the domain to fully adjust and for the 'pending' message to disappear. Does the domain appear as 'active' now instead? If not, could you share your domain with me here and I'll take a closer look into this with you? 

Many thanks,