SSL

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello can someone please help me with my SSL still pending? It has been over four days since I connected my domain and it is still saying SSL pending. Can someone please help me with this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
252 10 32

Not sure what your particular problem is, but we have a guide about SSL on Shopify, maybe it can be helpful?

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I did and I also tried following the directions on how to troubleshoot. It did not work and now it has been a week on my SSL pending. I just need someone to help me because this is affecting my business. Can someone please direct me to someone who can help me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
22 3 5

Hey @Lilys0511,

Finley from Shopify here!

Adding a custom domain is an important step for your business, as it will reinforce your brand and give your website a professional look. Thanks for posting this question!

It sounds like you've connected a domain purchased from a third-party provider, is that right?

If so, after properly adding your third-party domain to the Shopify admin, your SSL certificate is automatically created. It can take up to 48 hours for the SSL to move from the pending status.

However, because it's been longer than 48 hours, you may be having issues due to the domain's DNS records being incorrect. If this is the case, then these DNS records would need to be updated.

Connecting a domain

When connecting a domain to Shopify, you first need to reach out to your third-party domain provider so they can help you update your DNS records. Alternatively, you may be able to do this yourself, following their instructions.

The DNS records required to connect a domain to Shopify are:

1) An A record which points to: 23.227.38.65
2) A CNAME record that points to: shops.myshopify.com

Note: Something that could get in the way of your domain connecting is also having multiple or old A records or CNAME records. Be sure to only have Shopify's and remove any previously added A or CNAME records in your domain provider's account.

If you need further assistance with your third-party domain, please reach out to your domain's support team for assistance. Because this is external to Shopify, our team has limited visibility and won't be able to log into your domain provider's account for you.

The next steps for your domain

After completing the steps above, your domain will be ready to connect in the Shopify Admin.

You can navigate to your Shopify Admin > Online Store > Domain > Connect existing domain and enter in your custom domain:

20-09-1exrj-lr6zt.

Following this, you can set your custom domain as your primary domain so that your customers will always see this URL when they visit your website.

I've gone ahead and sent you an email to your Shopify Community email address, in case you require further assistance on Shopify's side of things. Feel free to reply to that email with your .myshopify.com URL if you'd like me to look into the specifics of your account.

The next steps for your website

How are things going with the rest of your website? If you're still in the initial set-up stage, we have a wonderful step-by-step guide with your next action steps, such as:

• Creating key pages for your store
  • Setting up your tax and shipping settings
  • Setting up your payment gateway
  • Preparing your store for launch

I hope this helps and as always, please reach out if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes