Sale price suddenly not working

Highlighted
6 0 0

HELP! Is anyone else suddenly having problems with Shopify not showing the sale price? I only noticed because we decided to run two sales. I checked, and the sale price on the first one now is also not showing up, where before it had. :(

I'm using Brooklyn.

https://zoeapothecary.com/products/after-sun-spray

Thank you! 
Susanna

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1064 64 124

Hi there Susanna!

Don here from Shopify!

I had a quick look at your theme settings and it looks like maybe the 'sale tags' colour setting in your theme is responsible here.

You can check this out in your customise theme menu (Online store > Themes > Customise).

If you select the product page from the dropdown in the top left of the preview or navigate to the product in question in the preview and select 'colors' from the menu on the left you can see the option for 'sale tags' where you can change the colour of sale prices.

Check this out and try to change it to a colour which will be seen against the white background on the page. :)

Let us know here or by reaching out via our support site if you need anything further at any point.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Don, thank you thank you thank you! I didn't even think of that. I had just changed the color to white a couple of days ago because amount off was disappearing into the photo. I didn't realize it was one and the same. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I really appreciate it. Off to fix it now!

Best,

Susanna 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1064 64 124

Hi again!

Don from Shopify once again!

Excellent, glad that got it sorted out. :)

If you need anything further in terms of theme support or indeed support with anything in your Shopify admin you can reach out to us 24/7 over at our support site.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

My prices are not showing but its not related to the sale tag/ price tag color! What am i missing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I cannot get a hold of ANY CHAT LINE!!!! I am very FRUSTRATED!!!! I continue to edit compare at pricing for our store but the sale prices disappear after a few days and I spend SEVERAL HOURS going back in and changing them back to ONLY have them disappear a few days later!!! I HAVE FOUND NO HELP FOR THIS! 

Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Don , I have the problem that my compare at price is only working in the cart and not on the collection nor on the product page. It's driving me crazy because I tried several different solutions from the help center on nothing seems to work. I now just added manual text underneath the price but this is obviously not a long-term solution.

https://crosstheline.studio/products/ambrosia-unisex-hoodie-side

At one point I saw in the code that it says display: none!important but not sure if this is related to the compare pric part.

I spent hours on this and can't get anywhere... Would appreciate it a lot to get some help!!

Thanks, Tiziana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1064 64 124

Hi there @crosstheline!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for that link to your store and the info you shared here.

I had a look at the example you shared here, and when viewing the individual variants from your admin (click on edit next to any variant from the product page to see more info) and it looks like this product does not have a compare at price in place.

Could you check again, find a product that has a compare at price set that is greater than the value for price and link it here so we can check this out along with our themes team?

You mentioned seeing something in the theme code you were not sure about; would you have added any apps or made any code changes yourself to the product pages or collection pages that might be affecting this?

Let us know if you can find an example as outlined above so we can look into this further with you.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi Don

Thanks a lot for getting back to me.

I actually have an app (T-Pop) which generates all my products and prices. I added an automatic 10€ discount for all my shirts, sweaters and hoodies. It does show up at check out but is nowhere visible for the customer on the collection or product page (maybe compare at price was also the wrong term for this).

https://crosstheline.studio/products/pacifica-unisex-shirt-light adding this article to the cart will show that there is an automatic discount.

Not sure if this is the right code but within the product page I see the following:

I didn’t change anything in the code in regard to the price. (Just added the manual text but nothing regarding the original price)

This is the current code around the price tag:

{% comment %}
Optionally show the 'compare at' or original price of the product.
{% endcomment %}

{% include 'product-price', variant: current_variant %}

I tried several solutions that I found on the platform but removed them again, since there was no visible change on the price display.

Do you need any additional information?

All the best,

Tiziana
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1064 64 124

Hi again!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for all of that info!

It seems you're referring here to the use of an automatic discount, rather than setting a compare at price for your products.

That would explain why the prices are not showing as such on the product or collection pages, as most themes would be looking for this info in order to show a marked-down price next to the usual price.

If this is a time-limited offer, you could think about adding a banner or messaging elsewhere in your store to indicate that this offer is available?

Let us know what you'd like to be able to do here, and we can see what we can advise.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes