Sales Channels - I have one that I didn't create and can't delete

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all,

I'm a fairly new user and developer with Shopify. My team and I have recently built a new site with a bespoke theme and I am currently working on an integration with Linnworks. 

Something I have recently come across is my site has two sales channels, but when I go to Settings -> Sales Channels, only one sales channel is visible (Online Store). 

The second sales channel, which is not visible through the settings area, is named the same as my store. I'm not sure where this one has come from or what it's purpose is. I was ignorant of the issue until I did a sync of products from Linnworks, all new listings were only added to the Online Store sales channel (which is good, at least they're visible on the shop front) which resulted in all synced products showing an error message ("unavailable on the sales channel xxxxxx") beneath each product when viewing my inventory. 

I am struggling to understand what this second sales channel is for, where it's come from and if/how I can get rid of it. 

Has anyone else encountered the same issue? Is this just default behaviour that I can ignore?

Thanks very much,

-Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there Alex!

Don here from Shopify!

That certainly sounds like an unusual situation alright. :)

I've not seen something like this before, though we can definitely take a closer look into this together.

If you can send an email to support@shopify.com from the address you use to log into your account you will be given a ticket number for that interaction.

You can quote that ticket number here and we'll be able to use that to securely access and discuss your account via email.

I look forward to working on this with you. :)

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 5

Hi Alex,

I've encountered a pretty similar issue. I have an app for integrating Shopify with Futura, which is a retail software solution. The app is called "Futura Integration" and there is a sales channel called Futura that I didn't create and cannot remove. Did you manage to resolve this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

For anyone still looking for a solution to this problem, take a look at your private apps: <https://your_store_name.myshopify.com>/admin/apps/private

One of our apps had Storefront API permissions enabled. The app had the same name as our store and the phantom sales channel. When we disabled Storefront API access, the channel disappeared.

0 Likes