Sales report: Quick sale

Val_Huggett
Tourist
7 0 10

Hi Nick,

Another business who could really use this feature.... The fact is that a lot of us use Quick Sale to enter Open Priced items (ie when a item's price is based on weight sold, or in my own instance when we sell items where the price is set by a third party and undergoes currency conversion before it hits my till, meaning that I'm selling items that cost $9.33, $8.67 and other odd prices).

The problem is that we are using this as a workaround due to the fact that Shopify is missing "open priced items" on the POS, but using Quick Sale leaves a huge gaping hole in the reporting end of things.  To put it bluntly: I need to know where my shop is making money from in order to continue running a successful business. With no reporting options at all for Quick Sale, my monthly accounting becomes really difficult, because I have revenue coming in with no guide as to how/when/why it was generated. Furthermore, without being able to run a proper report, my staff could be ringing in items incorrectly and I would have no idea until I manually went through each transaction.  

My business is beehive-wool-shop.myshopify.com and we would like to be updated when this is addressed. 

john_rp
Excursionist
98 0 9

Hello @sassygrace @Val_Huggett @144LL @stemcell 

I'm John from Report Pundit. We are a new reporting app which helps merchants create custom reports and dashboards.

We can try to create this report. If you can install the free trial, we will give it a shot. We will let you know if this report is possible within 24 hours.

You can reach me at support@reportpundit.com

Thanks!

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
0 Likes
TealTX
2 0 1

Any update on this request?  I found a way to export the Quick Sale entries - Shopify Admin / Analytics / Reports / Sales by Product (Sales section).  Once the report loads, remove the default filter of "Sale item type is product" and then add a filter of "Product ID is N/A".  This returns a list of Quick Sale entries, you can use the "Edit Columns" button to add the OrderID, Customer Name, etc to the view - but there is no easy link to the Order details - that would be helpful.

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3647 304 702

Hi @TealTX,

Thanks for messaging and adding the feedback. There's been no update as of yet, but the feedback here is invaluable and again shows more store owners are looking for it. I have added another feature request for this topic on your behalf also. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
TeddySinclair
1 0 1

This would be of huge assistance to us.

In a small business, with many one-off items, we frequently have to 'quick sale' items when serving customers.  The fact that there is no way of accounting for these transactions is quite frankly astounding - the longer we use Shopify the more glaring holes in it we seem to find.  PLEASE do something about this ASAP.

alexxduvall
2 0 5

Also chiming in that the lack of this feature is causing my clients to do some accounting gymnastics. Would love if there were some easy way to load in the product cost - to avoid this being such an obstacle. 

erikaw
1 0 0

Just checking in if this is now available? Def need a report for all quick sale items!

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3647 304 702

Hi @erikaw,

There is no update on this. You can see the active sales reports possible for a store below:

Just to check, do you mean this for POS or for your online store? 

If it's not too much trouble, could you elaborate a little on why this would be beneficial for your business/ store and the obstacles it gives without it, please? I can add the feedback to the feature request for our internal development team then. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes