Sales report: Quick sale

1 0 1

Hello,

Is it possible to get a sale report of all our quick sale?

Thanks!

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2177 137 291

Hi @144LL,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask what you mean exactly when you say "quick sale"? I'm 100% sure what you are referring you. If it is a particular discount you can create a sales report based on a discount code you created. Shopify has a guide about this going into more detail which you can read more about here

You can see all of the other Shopify reports based on sales from here also. 

Hopefully, this helps and is what you're looking for. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 2

I think they mean the big button at the top of the POS app that says "quick sale" and allows you to enter a misc charge without using an existing product. I could also use a report of these charges.

0 Likes
2 0 1
I am curious as well. If a product is not in your inventory and you use the quick sale button and manually key in qty and $, your inventory is not updated. Is there a report that gives all items sold using the Quick Sale button?
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2177 137 291

Ah ok, thanks for jumping in and confirming that @stemcell & @sassygrace.

I researched this for you and there doesn't seem to be a report for "Quick Sale" in the analytics. I also looked into the custom reports to see if it was possible that way but there doesn't seem to be. 

You can see all of the sales reports available in the admin from the guide Shopify has here. I also dug a little deeper within custom reports to see if it was available to do there, but the only POS analytic option was by location and not as specific as "Quick Sale". You can see the screenshot of this below:

18-28-j0b65-n455r

I can see how this would benefit all of you and your businesses, so it is something I will make our development team aware of potential analytic updates in the future. If you could reply and let me know how exactly this would benefit your store/ business it would be a huge help for the team in terms of them understanding of exactly how this can impact you.  

0 Likes
2 0 1
Quick sales do not relieve inventory. So having a report that shows what description you used would help us manually relieve inventory. Sometimes oridicts come into my shop and get sold while I’m unpacking the boxes so it’s not even been added into Shopify inventory. I’m a small shop and an accountant so theoretically I know I shouldn’t do it that way but it’s hard to tell a customer “no, you can’t buy that yet”. Ha.
Thanks so much for checking into this for us.
Tamy
1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2177 137 291

Thanks, @sassygrace,

That's very helpful and shows a very valid business reason for it. I'll be sure to add it to the feature request. 

0 Likes
2 0 2
Sure Nick. For us specifically, when it comes time to pay our consignment vendors every month, we like to go through these sales to make sure all of their sales are accounted for (sometimes an employee doesn’t know what a product/vendor is listed under and might not have time to figure it out…esp if the store is busy).

We recently switched over from Lightspeed Retail, and it had this feature. In that software it was simply a filter between product charges and what they called miscellaneous charges. They appended every miscellaneous line item charge with a asterisk or something that could be easily sorted.

Hope this helps.
2 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2177 137 291

Thanks @stemcell

I'll update the feature request and add this in. Appreciate you taking the time back to reply with this feedback. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
35 0 1
Hey Stemcell,

What do you use to calculate and manage your consigners payouts? I had trouble finding something that does well, so I decided to build a product that does just that. 

The goal was to build a new and modern consignment software that allows business to decrease cost with tools that saves them time, and increase revenue by making it easier to connect to more sales channels (like Shopify).

I would love to chat and see if there something we can do to help you solve this problem.

You can view our site here: www.frontflip.co

I would love to chat and help you out on fixing this for you. You can reach my anytime at: hello@frontflip.co

Menan
0 Likes